Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

make a robot look like its walking??
Old
hinzk

Question make a robot look like its walking?? - 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM

i am new to this whole programing stuff and in my class i have a project due tonight that is making a robot walk. it has like 5 legs. it has to look like its walking right ive been working on this for days and its driving me crazy. i can usually figure out most of the projects but this one will destroy me. i deleted the one i had because it just got too messed up and am starting from square one. anyone who actually knows what they are doing have any solution to this??]

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM

There is no easy way to do this, but there are some tips I can give you

1. Don't insist on perfection. Good enough is good enough. Professional video games have teams of programmers, with better languages, and occasionally tell the computer to copy the movements of a real life person they recorded

2. Use poses. In the object, there is a button that says "set pose". If you use this, and then in the command, set different poses for the creature, it will be a lot easier than making a bunch of rotates and rolls and whatever.

3. Imitate what's worked for one limb on another limb. The copy/paste feature is your friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Tags
robot, walk