Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Objects being cut by camera in alice 2.3
Old
asierxs

Exclamation Objects being cut by camera in alice 2.3 - 10-16-2013, 07:48 PM

Hi, im making a fps in alice 2.3, but when the item gets to close to the camera it gets cut. Is there any way to change the camera depth? thanks

Objects being cut in Alice 2.3
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Objects being cut in Alice 2.3 - 10-17-2013, 11:28 AM

I am not quite sure that I understand what is going on, but you might look at the Rendering options in Edit: Preferences. But there is noh way in Alice to specifically change the camera's depth...

You might create an event (something is true) that moves the camera back when the character gets too close...

Don Slater

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University

Old
RobertDevita

Default 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM

You could use something similar to basic collision detection.
If the object gets within say 2 meters of camera (or however far away it is when it gets cut) then move the object back a meter or two. and create a "while the world is running event" and place this method in the "during" slot of the event.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 10-19-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asierxs View Post
Hi, im making a fps in alice 2.3, but when the item gets to close to the camera it gets cut. Is there any way to change the camera depth? thanks
I have not used them but under camera->properties->other there are options for changing the viewing angle and the clipping distance.
Although, from the default settings I would say that when the target disappears its because you ran into it and at that point a shot would blow your head off!

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
asierxs

Default 10-24-2013, 10:20 PM

The problem is seen on the gun. If i place the gun too close it will show just the part that is at longer distance from the camera (i will upload a screenshot when i get back to my house). Anyways thanks for the feedback .

Old
asierxs

Default 10-24-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentree View Post
I have not used them but under camera->properties->other there are options for changing the viewing angle and the clipping distance.
Although, from the default settings I would say that when the target disappears its because you ran into it and at that point a shot would blow your head off!

Mark
Thanks, that is what i was looking for (english is not my main language so my vocabulary / grammar sillas are not very good ).

Tags
alice 2.3, bug, camera, fps, objects