Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Sneaking Game
Old
aag213

Default Sneaking Game - 10-22-2009, 09:02 AM

This is a game I am working on for my computer science class. Eventually the game will allow you to sneak around, killing guards without attracting attention. However I am having some problems with glitches, and was wondering if anyone could help. Currently when you pick up the knife it doesn't always pick up correctly, also, if you enter a building backwards you go flying through it. In addition if anyone could help me create a map/ inventory system that would be awesome. Also is there a way to adjust the brightness of light bulbs? If anyone could help that would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w infiltration.a2w (2.61 MB, 29 views)

Old
pancake

Default 10-23-2009, 08:08 PM

It has lots of potential. To change the brightness delete the light (not the light bulbs) an error that says "it will get very dark..." will pop up but just OK it. Then change the color of the light bulbs to dark gray, light gray, or a custom color. I hope this helps!

Old
aag213

Default 10-24-2009, 07:46 AM

Thanks, instead of deleting the light I just changed the color to black. This is because I have a day/night method, and I need the light for daytime mode. I'm currently working on adding in a couple of enemies. I'll probably have the next version done in a couple of days, and I'll post it then.

Last edited by aag213; 10-24-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Old
aag213

Default 10-24-2009, 06:31 PM

I was bored today and worked for a couple of hours. Here is the new version. Some of the stuff I added in had to be removed so it's not that much better than the last but at least it finally has an enemy that you can kill! Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: a2w infiltration.a2w (3.26 MB, 12 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-24-2009, 07:57 PM

It would be nice if the knife was smaller as well, since it's kind of in the way as it is right now.

I really like the way the scenery is set up, though. The dark alley was well made, good job.

(')>

Old
aag213

Default 10-24-2009, 10:09 PM

The problem with the knife is that you don't always pick it up the same way. Sometimes you pick it up correctly and it barely takes up any room, other times you pick it up sideways and it looks huge. I couldn't find a way to get around that, but if anyone else knows of one that would be great! but either way thanks for the feedback.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2009, 12:06 AM

There's an easy way:

When the player walks into the knife and the knife sets its vehicle to the camera, have it also orient to something, like the camera, the character's arm, or a dummy object (you can always place the knife in exactly the position you want it to be in, then drop a dummy at it's position, set the dummy's vehicle to the camera, and move the knife back to it's starting position).

I'm also curious: why did you remove the knife's texture?

And finally, if you'd like a combat knife, there's one in the world I made below. You can save it as a class and import it into your world if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w combatKnife.a2w (266.3 KB, 6 views)

(')>

Old
aag213

Default 10-25-2009, 11:49 AM

No, I tried that. The problem was that the pick up method was an infinite loop so that it would keep on checking it, I tried changing it to a while statement, but that didn't work. If you could possibly figure something out and post it that would be awesome. Oh and by the way I also added in a method to allow the enemy to attack you. It only works while the enemy is waiting at either end of his patrol, but he can attack you.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w infiltration(3).a2w (3.33 MB, 17 views)

Tags
assassin, collision detection, game, glitch, sneak