Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Guy with knives chasing
Old
frigging_n00b

Default Guy with knives chasing - 10-16-2005, 09:13 PM

Hi guys,
I'm working on a game for school.
It is my first game, and it is simple.

The objective of the game is to dodge the knives that are chasing you. However, if a knife does get you, a picture comes up, saying that you lost.

I use a If/Else statement to make it happen, but it doesn't work. Can you guys look over it and see whats wrong? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Guy with knifes chasing.a2w (774.9 KB, 753 views)

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-18-2005, 10:23 AM

Some things that might be worth trying out:

-Change your if statement to check all the knives instead of just one. (i.e. if sheriff is within x meters of knife *or* sheriff is within x meters of knife2, *or*..., etc.)

-Change the value that is used for checking if the knife (knives) hit the sheriff to something larger...like 1 meter.

-Zoom in on the sheriff. The camera is a little far away.

-Instead of hiding your billboard, place it exactly how you would like it to appear when visible. Then, change its opacity to 0%. Set its vehicle to the world. Then, in your if statement, replace your code with something like: <billboard> set opacity to <1 (100%)>. This will prevent you from being able to move the camera away from your billboard.

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Thanks.
I changed the way the camera works, and some other stuff. It actually works now! YAY!

Any more suggestions?

PS: I edited the attachment in my first post. It is an updated version.

EDIT: Wait...I can't change the attachments, sorry, have to double post the updated version....

Old
gabe
Administrator

Exclamation 10-21-2005, 11:40 AM

You should be able to delete your old attachment and upload a new one to your original post (or just add a new one so we see both, if you want). If this didn't work, it's probably because your world was over 1MB, and we're still trying to figure out why our sever won't allow large uploads. If anyone has suggestions on why this is happening, please contact me!

Old
frigging_n00b

Default 10-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Why don't we just put it into a GMail drive?
Here. I'll donate one.

gmail.google.com

User: alicefiles
Password: we1come

Gabe, if you want, put this as the "official" alice file sharing thing.
And just send the file to yourself if you want to share it, naming it appropriately and adding a description of it in the mail.

Old
kingsamses

Default 10-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Only problem with GMail drive is that some random guy could come along, find the user/pass, log on, and delete all our stuff.