Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Old
DeathxKiller

Default 05-26-2011, 06:26 PM

lol the answer is "e"
Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

Old
DeathxKiller

Default 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM

A man is traveling to a town and comes to a fork in the road. If he goes left, he goes to the liars' village. If he goes right, he then goes to the village of truths - which is where he wants to go. However, he does not know which way is which.

He doesn't have time to go both routes, so he approaches a stranger who is standing in the middle of the fork. The stranger says he may only ask 3 questions and he will answer them.

The man asks, "Are you from the village of truths?" The stranger says, "Yes!" However, the man is still facing a dilemma: If the stranger was from the village of truths he can only tell the truth, but if he was from the village of liars, he would say he was from the village of truth.

So then he asks the stranger, "Are you telling the truth?" The stranger says, "Yes!" But sadly this leaves the man in the same position as before.

Can you figure it out ?

Old
legolizard

Default 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Okay well at the moment I can not think of any, and I'm trying not to use Google.
However I believe it is a trick question and that the answer is language.

The next one is easy. I would ask him something that I know for a fact that it is true, such as does a^2 + b^2=c^2. If he says yes then he is telling the truth, else he is lying

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Old
DeathxKiller

Default 05-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolizard View Post
The next one is easy. I would ask him something that I know for a fact that it is true, such as does a^2 + b^2=c^2. If he says yes then he is telling the truth, else he is lying
not quite. you ask him if he wopuld show you the way to his village, if he is the liar he will show you to the village of the truths; if he tells the truth he will show you to the village of truths.

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 05-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathxKiller View Post
A man is traveling to a town and comes to a fork in the road. If he goes left, he goes to the liars' village. If he goes right, he then goes to the village of truths - which is where he wants to go. However, he does not know which way is which.

He doesn't have time to go both routes, so he approaches a stranger who is standing in the middle of the fork. The stranger says he may only ask 3 questions and he will answer them.

The man asks, "Are you from the village of truths?" The stranger says, "Yes!" However, the man is still facing a dilemma: If the stranger was from the village of truths he can only tell the truth, but if he was from the village of liars, he would say he was from the village of truth.

So then he asks the stranger, "Are you telling the truth?" The stranger says, "Yes!" But sadly this leaves the man in the same position as before.

Can you figure it out ?
Which way is your hometown?

Quote:
Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.
Language.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
DeathxKiller

Default 05-26-2011, 07:29 PM

- In a street there are five houses, painted five different colors.
- In each house lives a person of different nationality.
- These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
1. The British man lives in a red house.
2. The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Danish man drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.
Who owns the fish?

Old
legolizard

Default 05-26-2011, 07:43 PM

I once solved this riddle it was really hard, but in the end the answer was the German. Also this is Einsteins riddle and he was German so I always thought of that as a little coincidence

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Old
DeathxKiller

Default 05-26-2011, 07:47 PM

you're in a box that has only a mirror in it. how do you get out? there is no door or window to get out of. just a mirror.

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
you're in a box that has only a mirror in it. how do you get out? there is no door or window to get out of. just a mirror.
This is one of those wordplay ones.

You take the mirror to see what you saw, you take the saw and cut the mirror in half, then two halves make a whole so you climb out the hole.

Now for one of my riddles.

I am lighter than air yet as large as a castle, yet all the kings horses and all the kings men can't move me, nor break me. What am I?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 05-27-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:

Can you figure it out ?

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.