Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

help
Old
moomoocow526

Unhappy help - 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM

I can't figure out how to post a thread but i have a question. I want a method that i can apply to any object to run some code without me having to manually go through the entire thing and make it relevant to a new object i want to make it so i can copy it make it a method of an other object also without them running each other thank you.

Old
jediaction

Default 12-12-2011, 09:58 PM

You can duplicate the obejct with the method on it and it will carry over objects, except you have to manually do the methods for each object, or create variables in "lists" that would check for every object or something. I don't know exactly what you want to do with the code, but basically, you have to do every object manually. Also, to post a thread, you have to go to the main forum page and on the top left, there is a button that says "new thread."

Here is the link to the "share worlds" page.

http://www.alice.org/community/forum...daysprune=&f=6

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Thumbs up 12-13-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Ought to work on your animations. Nothing is more important than what the user themselves see. 'Fer example, when shooting the slide will pull back on its own and a casing will fly out in some random direction. That would be good. Due to the way the gun is angled, sometimes this casing might not be seen.
One thing I notice is the way the character holds the gun. I don't think anyone holds a gun like that. When they teach you basic weapons training, the idea is to hold the grip with both hands, not the grip with one and the slide/hammer with the other, unless it were a revolver and you were trying to spew out as many bullets as you could in a short amount of time.
It is not entirely necessary for you to have a bullet literally fly out, however it may do you some good if every so often a yellow beam of light came out of the barrel called a tracer bullet. Flash anims would be nice, too.
In the case of your reload anims, it's just odd in general. The gun is angled funny and the slide is pulled back from a direction where many people would find it silly and inefficient to pull it from.
Perhaps this weekend I will begin a series of tutorials on FPS animations and basic method requirements. This week is a little too busy.
Do you mind helping me with that, i'm trying to add new things to the game so it wont lag and stuff, I added a new weapon, and, yes, I will fix the shooting and reloading method. And, I never added a bullet. Does any one have M4 bullets by the way? I'm adding a M4. The reason I didn't fix thee reloading was that there was 15 - 16 if/else statements to make sure if your on a specific bullet, it goes back to 15, but I literally just realized I didn't have to do that. Fail. Anything else I should fix? Thanks.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
GameKid

Default 12-14-2011, 10:51 PM

You should fix the fact that you can go through the wall if you're facing the window, and, the houses are open on one wall if you're on the outside.
You should also add something to shoot at.

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.

Last edited by GameKid; 12-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 12-15-2011, 12:48 AM

When I made my first object, it was a 7.62x56mm NATO round. In other words, compatible with the M4.

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM

Aliright thanks.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Tags
creators, fps