Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Keep a zombie following main character?
Old
judiitran

Default Keep a zombie following main character? - 12-14-2010, 11:54 AM

So, I know that vehicle-ing it would be like superglueing that zombie to the character..
but how would I make the zombie/enemy continue to stalk the main character and face him 24/7?
This seems like it'd be a stupid question, but I was just wanting to make sure there weren't any other methods that would work better than just having the zombie face the Main Ch. and continue to go towards the main ch. then looping it infinitely.. because when I did that.. the zombie faces me, then follows me, and when i go somewhere else though, he continues in the direction he was facing until the loop restarts. and i want him to constantly turn toward and follow me..

Old
Revolt

Arrow 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5683

I answered pretty much the exact same question (link above)...what is is with people and their zombies...

Old
haven812

Default 12-14-2010, 06:24 PM

You can just have a loop running the entire time that just is just zombie turn to face character

Old
judiitran

Default 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post

I answered pretty much the exact same question (link above)...what is is with people and their zombies...
Hahah thanks, I guess the answer really was as simple as i thought it'd be (:
I'll try it out and see how it goes.
And I guess us teens just like our zombie games. It's cause we're the Resident Evil generation. LOL jk . but yeah, its probably cause the zombie apocalypse is coming in 2012. Its not the end of the world, just zombie kick butt time

Old
judiitran

Default 12-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haven812 View Post
You can just have a loop running the entire time that just is just zombie turn to face character
Thanks, that's what I tried though but maybe I just put the methods in the wrong order or something. idk. i'm trying diff. methods now.

Old
NB3115

Unhappy 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post

When you told me that, it didn't completely work the way I wished... but I messed around with it and ended up with this:
If (object) is at least (distance) away from (object 2)
While (object) is at least (distance) away from (object 2)
Do Together
(object) move (amount) toward (object 2)
(object) turn to face (object 2)

And that ^ should work... I was copying it, and it closed before I could save it... So it might not be the exact same as it was.