Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
lstricland

Default 08-13-2010, 08:00 PM

Thank you for all your help, guys!! The engine sound and flying stopped after the crash to the ground, but it didn't do that to the barn nor to the windmill. I changed the radius of both the barn and the windmill. Instead of using a number, I used the object's depth + 2 and IT WORKED!! I can't get my effects to work (the smoke and all), but I'm happy with how it is now.

Also, when the plane crashes to the barn or the windmill, I've put "plane move down [biplane distance to ground]", but it gets burried under the ground. I'll play around with it...if you have any suggestions, that would also be very much appreciated.

I will post the working world now in case someone out there also goes through the same problem as I did. Thank you so much!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Flight simulation.a2w (2.41 MB, 11 views)

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 08-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstricland View Post
Also, when the plane crashes to the barn or the windmill, I've put "plane move down [biplane distance to ground]", but it gets burried under the ground. I'll play around with it...if you have any suggestions, that would also be very much appreciated.
For that, just change [biplane distance to ground] to [biplane distance above ground]. Always remember, 'distance to' measures the distance from centerpoint to centerpoint, so if you're doing something like that change it to a certain dimension.

Old
lstricland

Default 08-13-2010, 09:42 PM

Yey! It worked! Thank you so much! I really should've taken this class on a regular semester and in a real classroom. We covered two books this summer (Alice is one of them) and I took it online too. There were so many things that weren't covered in the textbook. A lot of these things I am so new to. I enjoy it a lot, though. It's something that I'd definitely like to play around with even after the semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post
For that, just change [biplane distance to ground] to [biplane distance above ground]. Always remember, 'distance to' measures the distance from centerpoint to centerpoint, so if you're doing something like that change it to a certain dimension.

Old
cbgarcia77

Default 05-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstricland View Post
I'm working on a flight simulation project where the plane will crash on the ground when it hits or contacts the barn house of the windmill. I've tried to follow the other codes from other flight simulations on here, but I couldn't make the plane to crash. I'm attaching the file on here. I've been working on this for two days now and I'm a little "punched-drunk".

When I try to put an If/Else statement:

If [plane] distance above [ground] < 0
call world.collision method
Else
Do nothing

The world.collision method works. However, since I have my plane flying in a loop with the engine sound, even after the crash, the sound still keeps going.

So, I thought that since this has worked with the "ground", I thought it would work on the barn and the windmill as well. Well, it didn't. I changed the "If/else" statement to:

If [plane] distance to [barn] < 0

The plane just went past through the building.

Here are my questions:

- What did I do wrong when I changed the "If/else" statement? How come it worked when the target was the ground and not the barn or the windmill?

- How can I make the infinite loop (where I have the code for the engine sound and plane flying) stop after the crash?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

thank you!!
try and you an if/else statement on a sound object if plane<0 distance add the sound as an argument similar to opacity when the shark eats a fish yet with sound Im trying to figure out assigning keys to fly darn plane

Tags
collision, flight simulation