Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Old
Akira101

Default 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

I got an Asus gaming laptop, not bad, it was worth $2000 but it can run Crysis, if you know is a game with high requirements, but being able to play Half Life 1 is a good game. Really fun, especially the mods that are for it. But i too dont like laptops for gaming that much, mainly just for my studies on the go and the occasional games when i dont got a desktop with me.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Touchpads and FPS games don't mix well, but I take what I can get.

Both my desktops were broken by my sister. Wheeee.

Yet another reason to own your own laptop, though. Taking it with you means it's not at home getting messed with by people who break stuff easily.

Also, what mods are you talking about, specifically? I was thinking about playing it again, and something to add to the experience would be nice.

Old
Akira101

Default 10-25-2010, 08:19 PM

True, touchpads and FPS dont mix, but thats why you attatch a mouse to it :P but there are several mods for half life 1 & 2, like for number 1, there Zombie Panic and Natural Selection. Natural Selection has got to be the best mod that is muiltiplayer for Half Life of all time (depending on you taste in games, but still good.) I havn't played any of these in a long time, due to me getting HL2 so... but still worth a try for you to give it a shot, really fun. They are all based on the HL1 engine so if you comp can run HL1, it can run these.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2010, 08:30 PM

Like I said, I take what I can get, and I can't get a clear, flat workspace to put a mouse on, since every table-like object is a place to put random junk in my house.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely look into that, probably a few minutes from now, in fact.