Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Old
Crusader

Default 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Let me guess... you're inspiration for this was The House of the Dead franchise, right? And, for a bit of advice, you should never, ever have buttons to control movement in a rail shooter, unless you plan to have a sort of branching paths feature where, at certain points in the game, you are given a choice about which direction you want to go in, but with you still ending up at the same destination sooner or later. Also, try having different amounts of damage dealt for hitting enemies in different parts, such as a headshot being a one hit kill, and a bullet to the hand dealing only 1 point of damage, for examples.

Great
Old
iua

Talking Great - 04-12-2011, 05:34 PM

Great game start. On my PC (not sure if this is supposed to happen) you turn and a guy walks up says stuff, and then the camera keeps turning right.
Overall great game and I can't wait til it's finished!!

I was taught well...

Old
Crusader

Default 04-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iua View Post
Great game start. On my PC (not sure if this is supposed to happen) you turn and a guy walks up says stuff, and then the camera keeps turning right.
Overall great game and I can't wait til it's finished!!
Yeah, that happened to me, too. My guess is that it was because that's as far as this game's development has gotten so far, and like you, I can't wait for the next update.

Old
Akira101

Default 04-19-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Let me guess... you're inspiration for this was The House of the Dead franchise, right? And, for a bit of advice, you should never, ever have buttons to control movement in a rail shooter, unless you plan to have a sort of branching paths feature where, at certain points in the game, you are given a choice about which direction you want to go in, but with you still ending up at the same destination sooner or later. Also, try having different amounts of damage dealt for hitting enemies in different parts, such as a headshot being a one hit kill, and a bullet to the hand dealing only 1 point of damage, for examples.
Yes, and Time Crisis, i was planning to something with a duck and cover system, but that would take too long and this was for a final school project so i was limited on time.

And I did notice i had the arrow keys for moving, that was just for me to test the game and see if there were any bugs while it was running and i guess i forgot to remove it XD

For the different damage shots to different body parts, i did think about it but never actually put it in, since i would need to re-code alot of stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions though, and i got the game finished, rushed the ending a bit more than i expected since i was short on time, but still hoped you enjoy it. Have fun.

Old
Crusader

Default 04-22-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira101 View Post
Yes, and Time Crisis, i was planning to something with a duck and cover system, but that would take too long and this was for a final school project so i was limited on time.

And I did notice i had the arrow keys for moving, that was just for me to test the game and see if there were any bugs while it was running and i guess i forgot to remove it XD

For the different damage shots to different body parts, i did think about it but never actually put it in, since i would need to re-code alot of stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions though, and i got the game finished, rushed the ending a bit more than i expected since i was short on time, but still hoped you enjoy it. Have fun.
Man, I love Time Crisis. I'm actually kind of working on a Time Crisis game, and a Nazi Zombies game. Hmm, think you could give me a hand with the cover mechanic, and a character selection system, where there are two playable characters, and you'd basically set the camera's vehicle to the chosen one? This would be like for which side of the arcade machine you choose to play on for Time Crisis games since Time Crisis II, or which USB port your GunCon 2 is in for the case of the PS2 ports of the second and third games, but more akin to the selections for Time Crisis 4's two PlayStation 3 ports (Time Crisis 4 and the 3-in-1 deal Time Crisis Razing Storm). Well, I did notice the influence of The House of the Dead with the title, but Time Crisis was not exactly an inspiration that I noticed. But, honestly, for The House of the Dead, I've only played the first game in an arcade once, and seen YouTube videos and done research on the series. For examples, did you know that the most recent installment, The House of the Dead: Overkill is chronologically the first installment in the series, and an exclusive to the seemingly family-friendly Wii, was made to look like a 60's/70's grindhouse film, with many deliberate, yet humorous, continuity errors, among other things, and set a world record for profanity in a video game, only to be usurped by Mafia II about a year later?

Last edited by Crusader; 04-22-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Old
iua

Default 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Man, I love Time Crisis. I'm actually kind of working on a Time Crisis game, and a Nazi Zombies game. Hmm, think you could give me a hand with the cover mechanic, and a character selection system, where there are two playable characters, and you'd basically set the camera's vehicle to the chosen one? This would be like for which side of the arcade machine you choose to play on for Time Crisis games since Time Crisis II, or which USB port your GunCon 2 is in for the case of the PS2 ports of the second and third games, but more akin to the selections for Time Crisis 4's two PlayStation 3 ports (Time Crisis 4 and the 3-in-1 deal Time Crisis Razing Storm). Well, I did notice the influence of The House of the Dead with the title, but Time Crisis was not exactly an inspiration that I noticed. But, honestly, for The House of the Dead, I've only played the first game in an arcade once, and seen YouTube videos and done research on the series. For examples, did you know that the most recent installment, The House of the Dead: Overkill is chronologically the first installment in the series, and an exclusive to the seemingly family-friendly Wii, was made to look like a 60's/70's grindhouse film, with many deliberate, yet humorous, continuity errors, among other things, and set a world record for profanity in a video game, only to be usurped by Mafia II about a year later?
Nazi Zombies Game? I'm already making one!
Go here: http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6384

I was taught well...

Old
Crusader

Default 04-29-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iua View Post
Nazi Zombies Game? I'm already making one!
Go here: http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6384
Hmm, want to try a collaboration? You know, have both of us work on this game?

Old
iua

Default 04-29-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Hmm, want to try a collaboration? You know, have both of us work on this game?
Those don't tend to work out very well...
So the answer is: maybe.
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5310

I was taught well...