Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Dameria

Default 10-25-2009, 07:57 PM

Ok, I just played 3.1 a few times, and it is a lot better in terms of difficulty now, thanks. I see that you made the Swashbuckle gun slower, which is good, so now it is worth the low 30,000 price, and it is more evened out.

I did just notice one thing though, when the Zombies Win, and you have more than one gun, you can press s and x, and you can still see the gun changes thing when you should not be able to. This is a minor bug I think and shouldn't be too hard to fix. Try buying a weapons and then letting zombies kill you, then switch weapon and see what I mean.

Another thing, have you considered the sounds yet? I think it would make it the game a lot more realistic if there were sounds whenever a certain gun is fired. You can edit the sound so that it is only a short burst and can be repeated every shot quickly. Just want to know what you think. Again, save before downloading any sound files to your program or errors will occur.

EDIT: Oh and another bug I noticed, when I went to the gun shop and bought a gun, then clicked on the background image to go back to main menu, I pressed space bar at the same time as it was going, so some weird bug occurred where the start menu from then on showed in the bottom right corner whenever I went to it, and I had to restart the game.

Last edited by Dameria; 10-25-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2009, 08:07 PM

I had considered sounds, yes, and music as well. I didn't include it in 3.0 or 3.1 because I wanted to keep the filesize down (the inclusion of just four 2 minute songs in an Alice world that I did awhile back worked perfectly, but made it go from 335kb to like 11mb).

Hmm...that's weird, since I had the display parts set to false. I'll probably have to move them entirely offscreen to fix that bug.

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 10-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Ok, I get why a 2 minute song would take that much room, but a less than 1 second gun shot would barely take up anything, so what would that be, 6 gunshots? Maybe at the most 100kb, so not too bad. Whole songs take up a lot of memory.

Also, do you think you can fix the menu bug I talked about in my edit last post? When you click to go out of gun option and then press spacebar at the same time, it moves the menu way to the right.

EDIT: Ok, so the spacebar thing is not an issue then, but can you please reply about the gunshot sounds? I think the control scheme is fine.

Last edited by Dameria; 10-26-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeah, you're supposed to just hit the spacebar again if you're in the gun menu and you want to unpause. I made it so that you can press spacebar or enter at any point in the pause menu to exit the pause menu and continue play (try it!), but if you do both, the resizing and motion won't execute properly and will make the display parts move and resize wrong.

Another thing: is everyone okay with the control scheme as it is, or should I put alternatives in?

(')>

Old
aag213

Default 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM

I just downloaded the third one and it's pretty cool. However for some reason I can't purchase any guns or powers, even when I have the correct amount of points. Has this happened to anyone else? Either way I can tell thats it's an awesome game from the previous ones, and that a huge amount of work went into it. Great Job!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-27-2009, 01:54 PM

I checked the code for the buying of weapons and upgrades, and there's no glitches at all I can find. Try restarting Alice and playing again, and if that doesn't work, delete and re-dowload the world and then try.

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-27-2009, 11:43 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what (besides sounds) I could add to the world?

(')>

Old
dubastot

Default 10-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Do you think the game could be a bit longer and different types of enemies would be cool too. Plus some enemy vehicles or super strong units you need to kill with a rocket launcher. Just some ideas.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-28-2009, 04:24 PM

Longer is a good one. I've been thinking about a way to do that that doesn't involve shooting the same zombies forever (by the way, has anyone managed to top 207 kills?).

I've actually been working on more enemies. They'll probably be like the big one; just one appears at a time and at random, but can do something the normal zombies can't.

That's the second request I've gotten for a rocket launcher. Alright I'll see if I can make one. Also, it just so happens that I have a nice APC model that might work in Alice.

Any power ideas or extra weapons that haven't been thought of?

(')>

Old
Chris101b

Default 10-28-2009, 04:29 PM

1. A power up that freezes enemies for a short period of time.
2. A power up that gives you 2x points or 2x kills for every kill for a limited time.
3. Also adding power ups for individual weapons would be cool. For example, an increase in the rate of fire or damage

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj