Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Ha. That's great.

We've got one new guy who asked for something, got something totally different, and was still grateful and excited.

Then we've got another guy with way too many posts who asks for everything despite having been around long enough to know how to convert on his own, and then complains about the models other people post.

That right there is the reason I stopped posting models.

I was working on converting all the models from Half-Life 1. That's just the first few. It took me hours to find them, convert them, edit them for use in Alice, and fix their center points.

And only meeatpizza's going to get to use them.

So don't worry, jed. You won't have to use the big scary models with the low poly counts.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Sorry, I was just in a different mood at the time. I appreciate the models, just I am not going to be the one to use them. Again, sorry...btw, I am sick

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Thanks
Old
meeatpizza

Thumbs up Thanks - 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Thanks a lot x but I think you should Post them for everybody to use

Oh and by the way I posted my inventory here's a link

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6104

Current Alice Projects

WaVE fps engine
Inventory-------- NEED HELP WITH MY INVENTORY!!!!!!!!!-----------------------
GTA Alice

My Website
http://teamamazingstudios.webs.com/

My Unity 3D Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hd__0Yyf5U

Last edited by meeatpizza; 03-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Old
sfunk

Default 03-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Here's today's installment: 4 more nicely textured guns.

Models courtesy of Coasterdude and textures from Warclaw (l0rd 0f w4r)
These are sweet looking weapons, i cannot wait until i start a new project so i can hopefully implement them into it

Old
jediaction

Default 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM

They are great from a distance, but for FPS, they have to fit with the world by making everything else low poly. You know what they say..."It's hard to be a twinky in a Ding Dong world"

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
sfunk

Default 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
They are great from a distance, but for FPS, they have to fit with the world by making everything else low poly. You know what they say..."It's hard to be a twinky in a Ding Dong world"
well im actually going to attempt to do a project where the enemies can fire weapons at the player, so having the weapons at a distance will work just fine and i'll just use a weapon that does look good up close for the player.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeatpizza View Post
Thanks a lot x but I think you should Post them for everybody to use

Oh and by the way I posted my inventory here's a link

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6104
That is now your call, as I already said I'm not posting the product of my hard work to be dismissed.

And I saw your inventory system. A good start, though somewhat unintuitive. It takes some messing with to know exactly what each click in conjunction with each button does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
well im actually going to attempt to do a project where the enemies can fire weapons at the player, so having the weapons at a distance will work just fine and i'll just use a weapon that does look good up close for the player.
Guess what?

The dark revolver in the above picture?

It was made specifically for close ups. Well modeled and textured. It should be, it was done by paid professionals.

But then, hey, who cares? All we care about are the hideous polygonal bone models.

Old
sfunk

Default 03-11-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
That is now your call, as I already said I'm not posting the product of my hard work to be dismissed.

And I saw your inventory system. A good start, though somewhat unintuitive. It takes some messing with to know exactly what each click in conjunction with each button does.

Guess what?

The dark revolver in the above picture?

It was made specifically for close ups. Well modeled and textured. It should be, it was done by paid professionals.

But then, hey, who cares? All we care about are the hideous polygonal bone models.

Sorry for admiring your work, i was trying to compliment you on the weapon models you gave, i wish i was talented enough to do work such as that myself. And i did not get to inspect the weapons closely since i havent had the time to download them and look them over, so i did not know if they were bad or not up close so i was going off what jediaction said when he was saying that they were not top notch when close, but was still interested in the use of them.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
Sorry for admiring your work, i was trying to compliment you on the weapon models you gave, i wish i was talented enough to do work such as that myself. And i did not get to inspect the weapons closely since i havent had the time to download them and look them over, so i did not know if they were bad or not up close so i was going off what jediaction said when he was saying that they were not top notch when close, but was still interested in the use of them.
I wish I was talented enough to do stuff like that as well. I'm just a converter, and though converting is difficult, modeling is much more so. Most of the models I've posted were made by artists kind enough to post their work online for others to use. The above models were made by the geniuses at Valve.

And the sarcasm of my last post wasn't directed at you.

Would you like the link to the models shown in the picture?

Old
sfunk

Default 03-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I wish I was talented enough to do stuff like that as well. I'm just a converter, and though converting is difficult, modeling is much more so. Most of the models I've posted were made by artists kind enough to post their work online for others to use. The above models were made by the geniuses at Valve.

And the sarcasm of my last post wasn't directed at you.

Would you like the link to the models shown in the picture?
I would appreciate it greatly, and I thought the sarcasm was directed to me, so that was my bad. And even the converting seems to be tough (so kudos for that!), and I tried following the steps you made in your tutorial thing that you posted on here, i could not for the life of me, get the plug in for export import on blender to work. and the fact i could not even get an item into blender to convert it. i will attempt to try using it again at a later time though, hopefully i will figure it out!