Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

View Poll Results: What do you think of Halo 2?
Way better than the the first game! Excellent! 15 39.47%
Highly recommended! Great game! 7 18.42%
Great game overall 6 15.79%
Well done, but some things could be improved 5 13.16%
It had its moments, but nothing jaw dropping 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
jediaction

Default 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM

This game? Well, I was pushing Alice. But I tried to maintain a good game also.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 11-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Hey guys! I'm back and I've just got news of this.

So I'm gonna review, soon as I fix my Alice up a little bit. (long story, don't ask)

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Review Time!

Alright so it's been a good month or so (maybe more) and finally jediaction releases the sequel to his highly anticipated Halo game. However, does this sequel live up to it's expectations and deliver a streamlined FPS experience for the Alice platform, without dropping the framerate? The answer lies within this review.

Presentation
Honestly this game has just as good of presentation as the other games. All the GUIs and cutscenes look nice. Your objective is presented in an obvious way, however this happens right away, and there's no tutorials either so those who didn't read the thread and just clicked the download link might be a bit confused. The big issue here though is that the buttons aren't clickable, you still have to click on the EXACT wording. It's kind of annoying that developer Chrome Games couldn't take the time to whip up a few .pngs and plop them in place of the text, because it really would help improve the game. And when it comes to good things? Well there isn't really anything special, it's all just something to push you into the game and there's nothing really special about anything, even the GUIs animations aren't that great. Which, is a bad first impression on the game.

8/10

Audio/Video
Not much to see here either. The game runs using pretty much the exact same models as the last game. You start in that same mountainous environment. You do move to a beach or something like that later on, but the amount it's mushed in with the other environments makes it feel like nothing. There's no separator between the world so it all feels very cramped. However the texture remakes on some of the games weapons are noticeable, they don't really look like anything but they do look good. There's also a new model of the machine gun and it looks nice as well. Sound-wise the game suffers a lot too. While the music is still great, the machine gun sounds like it's a mini star wars blaster and the energy sword sounds like a light saber. And as far as other sounds? Well there isn't much sounds to begin with, so while the music is supposed to be a little something to help enhance the experience. It merely steals the stage; dominating your speakers.

6.5/10

Gameplay
The game is supposed to play good. And if the camera controls weren't crappy it probably would. But throughout the game I'm constantly getting flipped and turned around, and I don't get any time to move at all. The framerate is really horrible too. So I watch myself laggishly getting flipped and turned around. And than when I stop moving, I stare at this elite, I try to shoot it as it dances back and forth on the floor (The enemy AI is still crap) but the framerate makes me run out of ammo and never make any progress. Very irritating. Overall the games main issue is the framerate and camera, when you put these too together you make an unplayable game. Even when giving your computers entire power to Alice, you're not going to have fun playing this game.

3/10

Replay Value
While the game does include the original game, the original game sucked too, and that's not a surprise. There are two unlockables, but really you can't unlock them, the game can't be played properly to begin with. You'll get nothing from downloading this game. Or replaying it.

0/10

I honestly don't think it's possible to create a good FPS in Alice. Not with this game engine anyways. If I see another 'Halo' game from Chrome Games, I'm hoping the engine will be remade. And frankly, seeing the words 'Beachbum111111' flashing across the screen doesn't enhance the Halo experience one bit.

Final Score - 4/10 "Needs Major Improvement"

There we go! Well geez, writing that review made me in a bad mood, I said to many negative stuff. Maybe I should go get in a better one... (listens to final fantasy music..)

Old
beachbum111111

Default 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0973 View Post
and frankly, seeing the words 'beachbum111111' flashing across the screen doesn't enhance the halo experience one bit.
me like nameplate

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"

Old
jediaction

Default 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk0973 View Post
Review Time!

Final Score - 4/10 "Needs Major Improvement"

There we go! Well geez, writing that review made me in a bad mood, I said to many negative stuff. Maybe I should go get in a better one... (listens to final fantasy music..)
Very dissapointing review. You have to realize that this is an alice game. Why is everyone saying it's a bad frame rate, bad story game. IT'S AN ALICE GAME! It is impossible. You gotta review realistically. I know about the texts, I dind't think anyone would actually care . You gotta know how to use a mouse to play this game. The game is overloading, it might crash soon. Are you serious about the sword sound? Do you even play halo? That is the exact sound. I actually got it from a HALO REACH youtube video with a sword in it...you gotta work on your facts. Everyone has to stop complaining about the frame rate. There is no way it's gonna run good on a bad computer. This is an unjust review, and some points you made are very silly. Once agian, it's not supposed to be replayable, it's an FPS that can barely run in Alice. I don't like your reviews because you review unjustly and you forget that this is Alice.

BUT......Thanks for reviewing it and giving all this feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum111111 View Post
me like nameplate
Thats good.

Last edited by jediaction; 11-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Old
beachbum111111

Default 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM

You could simplify your game engine so it will run smoother...

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"

Old
waqar

Default 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM

this is the file i talked about in pm jed its jst a code not the original one plz help me with its code and graphics plzplzplz it is the game like virtua cop i wrote the code for it myself plz help me D:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w bullet2.a2w (12.96 MB, 4 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum111111 View Post
You could simplify your game engine so it will run smoother...
You have no.....idea.....I've been optimizing and simplifying with Arty for around 4 months. Nighthawk doesn't realize what he is saying, and he is comparing to major games.

Ok waqar, I'll look at it when I have the time.

Old
arty-fishL

Talking 11-03-2011, 02:38 PM

Although Nighthawk's criticism is perhaps quite harsh, it is still constructive; someone has actually finally gave a useful comment about it. As a a result I am working on it. If you don't mind Jedi I am making some changes relating to Nighthawk's review.

So far all I have done is fix the menu. You no longer have to directly click the text (I did dislike that). I screen captured the area around the text so I had the shape, I made it wider just so its even better, imported as a billboard, copied for each menu item, positioned them all, set their opacities to 0% and Glooed them to their respective menu items. So I didn't change the code, they are actually part of the text objects now.

More changes coming soon.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
jediaction

Default 11-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Although Nighthawk's criticism is perhaps quite harsh, it is still constructive; someone has actually finally gave a useful comment about it. As a a result I am working on it. If you don't mind Jedi I am making some changes relating to Nighthawk's review.

So far all I have done is fix the menu. You no longer have to directly click the text (I did dislike that). I screen captured the area around the text so I had the shape, I made it wider just so its even better, imported as a billboard, copied for each menu item, positioned them all, set their opacities to 0% and Glooed them to their respective menu items. So I didn't change the code, they are actually part of the text objects now.

More changes coming soon.
Go ahead Arty, your a very trusted and helpful member. You have a lot of acces to this game. Thank you for fixing the menu. When Nighthawk sees this, he will probably change his review.