Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2010, 02:29 AM

Latest latest version. Experimenting with lighting effects. Got the world much darker, the tank moving faster, a muzzle flash, light from the guns firing, light from the tanks exploding, and a much darker world to accommodate this light. And did I mention it's very dark?

Trying to decide whether I like having a fairly responsive lightbulb inside each tank, or an overly responsive temporary change in the world's light and atmosphere.

Oh and you can switch weapons now. Press Q.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w SleightBlind.a2w (8.87 MB, 7 views)

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM

I like it, but what happened to the other weapons; you've removed the code so you cant change weapon.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2010, 07:43 PM

?

No I haven't. At least not that I recall. It won't switch until the world is finished loading, though, so maybe that's it.

I guess I can take another look though.

Old
Macdude17

Default 08-13-2010, 07:57 PM

Great game! you should make it where you're able to die if the tanks get too close

"A mathematician may say anything he pleases, but a physicist must be at least partially sane."
— J. Willard Gibbs

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2010, 08:07 PM

That'll come last, as I enjoy not having to work hard to test my gameplay elements, and staying alive adds work.

Old
jediaction

Default 08-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Hmm, interesting. So whats next then?

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-15-2010, 02:26 AM

Here's the newest.

+New loading screen. Much easier on the eyes. Made it with three iterations of a desaturated noise filter.

+Fixed the Shardsplitter...mostly. Weapon fire works, piercing bullets and point blank power work, and the firing and switching methods seem to work. However, there is a glitch that randomly pops up for me when using the SS. It has to do with an indexOutOfRange exception of some sort, so I might have to smack that method with an ugly stick to get it working again. But hey, so long as it works.

Oh and for the time being, the Shardsplitter has infinite ammo. Makes it easier to spot the glitch.

If any of you has an idea as to how to avoid such a glitch, I'm all ears. Thanks.

+tank tread animation now fully functional. Made by copying a tiled version of the treads several times, then moving each copied layer 25 pixels to the left.

I think I'll add a flamethrower next.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w SBError.a2w (10.06 MB, 15 views)

Old
shaydon

Default 08-16-2010, 03:41 PM

nice! loving your games x!

it is really cool except
i couldn't see what i was doing i was using Alice 2.0
everything was black so i had to mess around with the settings
a bit
still a great game though!

Old
Dameria

Default 08-16-2010, 05:52 PM

It is a great game, I love all the graphics changes you made to it. One of the only glitches I found in the short time I played it though was that when you switch weapons, sometimes the speed of the bullets change when you go back to the initial weapons. For instance it starts with the shotgun, but when I switch to chaingun and use that for a while, then switch to raygun and use that, then back to shotgun, the bullets of the shotgun now go as fast as the bullets of the chaingun went, and when I go back to chaingun the bullets of those go as slow as the shotgun went the first time.

EDIT: Also there is infinite bullets for the shotgun without need for reload and a short loading time after the reloading of the other guns is complete before you can shoot again.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-17-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaydon View Post
nice! loving your games x!

it is really cool except
i couldn't see what i was doing i was using Alice 2.0
everything was black so i had to mess around with the settings
a bit
still a great game though!
Thanks. I actually made the world lighter in the next version, cause I was having the same problem. Hopefully you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
It is a great game, I love all the graphics changes you made to it. One of the only glitches I found in the short time I played it though was that when you switch weapons, sometimes the speed of the bullets change when you go back to the initial weapons. For instance it starts with the shotgun, but when I switch to chaingun and use that for a while, then switch to raygun and use that, then back to shotgun, the bullets of the shotgun now go as fast as the bullets of the chaingun went, and when I go back to chaingun the bullets of those go as slow as the shotgun went the first time.

EDIT: Also there is infinite bullets for the shotgun without need for reload and a short loading time after the reloading of the other guns is complete before you can shoot again.
Thanks Dameria. I don't recall ever getting that error, but I'll look into it. The shotgun, for the time being, is supposed to have infinite bullets to make it easier for me to debug. I already fixed the error, though, so I'll soon be removing that.

+Flamethrower's finished. I call the new weapon the Glowtorch. Shoots a nice blue jet of flame that lights up the surrounding area and makes enemies take damage for a short time.

+The world is now lighter. It was stupidly hard to see before (I was trying to get the most out of lighting effects), and now that problem's solved.

+Loading now takes a bit longer, since I added a method that fires every weapon a few times before allowing starting the game. I noticed that some weapons fire very slowly at first, then go faster when fired later, so this should make it go as fast as possible when you actually start playing.

+Shotgun ammo is now controlled. Weapon switching between them all is still kind of buggy, though, so I'm going to post it just for sake of backing it up. If you want to switch weapons, change the weapon variable manually.

+Fixed a small error that caused the SWAG to reload with 99 bullets instead of 100. Turns out I'd put in a workaround that prevented yet another random stupid error that popped up when I asked Alice to count to 100 in a loop. I now know that this error can be solved by restarting Alice. Gotta say, the error descriptions are about as helpful as a turkey sandwich is bulletproof.

Oh, it's done loading. Let me know what you think of the Glowtorch. Next is a magnetic beam. Already have the texture animation loaded for it and everything.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w SBError2.a2w (9.77 MB, 12 views)