Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How to Export an Interactive Game
Old
Exofalcon

Exclamation How to Export an Interactive Game - 03-06-2014, 10:44 AM

I have made an interactive frogger in Alice Version 2.3.5 and I want to be able to export it so I can click on it and it'll open up without Alice as a game. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to do this so I'd really appreciate it if someone showed me how. I have a mac also so I can't use .exe files.

Great Question!
Old
AliceAndConnor

Red face Great Question! - 12-08-2014, 09:42 PM

Hi Exofalcon! That's a fantastic question, and I've been wondering the same thing for a long time. Unfortunately, I believe it's impossible. Without Alice, I think you can't run a world.

But you know, on the other side of things, just like a game made with Unity 3D for your browser, you need the Unity 3D plugin to run those types of games.

So really, Alice could just be a plugin - but just like you said, you want a stand-alone version of a game application, not a .a2w file.

Someday in the future, I really hope they make it possible to convert .a2w files into .exe's or .dmg (for Mac). That would be super awesome, and then Alice Game making would be just like any othe rprofessional game creator!

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D

Tags
export, interactive