Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Looking for models
Old
dabocim

Default Looking for models - 11-10-2009, 04:06 PM

If anyone has any fire emblem models I would like to be able to import them into Alice

types of models
Old
dabocim

Default types of models - 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM

I am looking for characters, weapons, and mounts.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Hmmm. Tell you what. Go ahead and search for some 3d models online (especially try Google's sketchup warehouse) and if you find any, post them in a .zip file and I'll convert them for you, K?

(')>

no luck
Old
dabocim

Unhappy no luck - 12-03-2009, 03:01 PM

I looked today but i couldn't find any models. Would anyone know a site to get Fire Emblem, Soul Caliber or Mortal Combat models.
Maybe my search methods are just off... The world may never know

What I am working on
Old
dabocim

Default What I am working on - 12-03-2009, 03:05 PM

I was thinking of making a Fire Emblem game. Then my brother told me don't do what other people have done because than it looks to simple. then I thought well a fighter game would be cool, but it would have to be very original. So I thought Fire Emblem VS. Mortal Combat. VS. Soul Caliber.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-03-2009, 03:49 PM

That would be pretty awesome, but just a fair warning, it'd take a LOT of work, probably several months if not a year, to finish.

You'd need:

-the models
-animation for those models (diverse and visually appealing fighting animations take a long time)
-several kinds of collision detection (fists hitting people, people colliding into each other, etc.)
-lots of time to test each method as you make it to ensure they're bug free
-some resourceful programming to make sure your world doesn't lag (like RP2 did)

And I did notice that there wasn't much in the way of fire emblem models in the sketchup warehouse. Gotta say I'm both surprised and disappointed (but hey, I'm looking for work other people did for free, so no complaining, right?)

There WERE a few good weapons, like Ragnell, the tomes, and Ashnard's sword (if I remember correctly). Also, if you really wanted to try and be creative, you could import a bunch of sprites as billboards, then use them to emulate the original games (the early ones with poorer graphics and fewer frames per animation would be best, but you could probably pull off something like the GBA games too).

One last thing: I somewhat agree with your brother, but that's an issue of creativity, not necessarily originality. For example, if someone were to make an exact replica of the original Super Mario Bros. for Alice, it'd be pretty original, as no one's done it before (several have tried, they've all failed or lost interest).

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 12-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Old
dabocim

Default 12-07-2009, 02:59 PM

thanks for the sprite idea it might actually work best. could you help me out with that?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Check out the experimental world I posted to the thread "x2495iiii is now a moderator!" in the Announcements forum to see my first try at implementing the idea.

(')>

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Some tips at how I got my sprites working:

-Used google to find good sprites, preferably animated gifs

-Used an online gif editor (google online gif editor) to split the gif into frames

-Saved each frame as an image

-Used GIMP to remove the backgrounds of the sprites/frames

-Saved them as .png files to enable transparency

-Imported them as billboards and textures to the Alice world

Looks hard right here, but it's really not. These tasks are all really easy and don't require much thought at all.

(')>

Tags
looking for alice models