Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 1- Getting started with Alice
Old
sella18

Post Assignment 1- Getting started with Alice - 07-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Assignment 1 was pretty simple to do. I was a little concern about how to navigate the program, but it turned out to be very user friendly. It definitely reminds me of sims with how the characters look. The gallery is pretty straight forward as is choosing the backgrounds. I had a little trouble figuring out how to position the objects when you first insert them, but after playing around a little I got the hang of it.

The object tree is nice especially how it breaks down parts of the objects. Being able to see the statements is helpful some of the extra details attached to those such as "is scaled by" I still haven't figured out. There is a decent amount of methods to choose from so you can make objects do a lot. I feel like Alice is a great learning tool.

Old
Vithar

Default 07-11-2018, 09:46 PM

Definitely agree assignment 1 was very simple but when i downloaded the program and got a glimpse of it i was very nervous at first of what had to be done. It seems you also a bit of trouble positioning the objects i had that exact same trouble and also i ran into figuring out how to rotate the objects but like you said alice really is a really good learning tool and i look forward to working on it more good luck.