Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Project Complications
Old
dgonzalez1

Default Project Complications - 05-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Hello, I am doing a project for school and I need help with getting my objects to delete themselves after they show up on the screen. I have 3d Text that is set to go to 100% opacity, and go back to 0%. After my text goes to 0%, I want the text to delete itself. I am not allowed to make the file for this world big so I really need this tip! I hope this problem made sense to anyone who reads this and I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Thank you

Old
RavenOfCode

Default 05-03-2016, 03:38 PM

Do you want to delete it at runtime? The short answer: you cant, the long answer: if you know java you might be able to throw something together that does it.
Do you want to delete it not at runtime? Then just drag the object into the trash icon, or right click and select delete in the object panel.

Stuff + Other Stuff + Different Other Stuff = Things :)

My best Alice game:

Clash of the Cubes (an arena fighting game):
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=game

java?
Old
dgonzalez1

Question java? - 05-05-2016, 10:27 AM

My teacher only uses Alice to teach and didn't mention anything about getting around to learn java. How would someone who knows java do it?

Old
RavenOfCode

Default 05-06-2016, 03:09 PM

So you want to delete it at runtime? Just curious but why not just use SetActive for this? Is there a reason?

Also as far as java goes you would need to use the script function (which you need to edit the source files to get) then you need to code some object deletion from there.

Also learning java has nothing to do with a normal Alice course, but the problem you are asking to be answered doesnt have a way in 'normal' Alice.

Stuff + Other Stuff + Different Other Stuff = Things :)

My best Alice game:

Clash of the Cubes (an arena fighting game):
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=game

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 05-19-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonzalez1 View Post
Hello, I am doing a project for school and I need help with getting my objects to delete themselves after they show up on the screen. I have 3d Text that is set to go to 100% opacity, and go back to 0%. After my text goes to 0%, I want the text to delete itself. I am not allowed to make the file for this world big so I really need this tip! I hope this problem made sense to anyone who reads this and I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Thank you
If you are trying to make the text empty, just set it to " " in the 3D text's properties. (Drag the text into the program where you want to change it)

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Tags
opacity, problem, project