Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help Please
Old
Cooldude101

Post Help Please - 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM

Im trying to make a FPS and i basically know nothing on how to use Alice on an advanced level. The only thing i want to know is if there is anyway to place objects perfectly in the center of the camera.

Thanks in advance

Old
falcolobo

Wink 12-16-2010, 07:29 PM

Well the simplest way to put objects (such as a weapon) in the center of a screen, you would have to do trial and error,moving and adjusting the object until it fit directly into the center of the screen. Then, to keep it that way you would have to make the camera a vehicle to the object that you are trying to center. It might sound complicated, but a bit of practice is all that you need.

("Falcon" - "on")+(Wolf(conversion.Spanish))
(Falco) + (Lobo)
=
FalcoLobo = falcolobo

Old
haven812

Lightbulb 12-16-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Well the simplest way to put objects (such as a weapon) in the center of a screen, you would have to do trial and error.
There is actually an easier way to put it in the exact center. Right click the object, go to methods, set point of view, camera. Now right click the object, got to methods, move forward, 0.1 meters. This will put something, such as an aimer in the exact center of the screen.

Old
Cooldude101

Default 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM

How would i be able to set up a aiming system? Everyones examples are so complicated or i dont get them?

Tags
aim, center, fps, gun