Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

HELP! Making Animal Walk & Does Anyone Have a Pig?
Old
agrasty2002

Question HELP! Making Animal Walk & Does Anyone Have a Pig? - 07-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Alice and I'm using it for a programminc concepts class. I am taking on the task of making a sing-a-long of old macdonald's farm (mainly for my son to play with). In any event, I've got the cow straight, but I am trying to :

1. Find or make a pig. Alice doesn't seem to have a pig, which I thought was strange since there is a whole category for farm. So is there a way for me to create a pig and give it the same methods as the cow? Or is there a way for me to modify the boar to take off the tusks, make it pink, and make it walk? Or does anyone know of a pig object out there that I could use?

2. Since I can't find a pig I was just going to use the boar (although not happy with it) but it doesn't include a method to walk so I am trying to mimic the cow's method to walk. But my boar keeps sinking into the ground. Can you look at my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

I've been working on this for like 2 days straight and I am kind of frustrated.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w OldMacDonaldsFarm_v1.3.a2w (4.71 MB, 4 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Sure. I'll see if I can find you a pig model too.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-12-2010, 12:48 AM

Couldn't find a decent pig model, so I altered the coloring of the boar so it at least resembles a pig. I also re-wrote the boar's walk method for you and threw in something small of my own. Your original coding is still in the walk method inside the disabled Do In Order tile at the top of it, in case you still need it for some reason.

It looks like the reason he was sinking into the ground is because you had him turn forward asSeenBy his back legs, which means that he was turning through space with the leg as his centerpoint, making him turn forward into the ground.

Thanks
Old
agrasty2002

Default Thanks - 07-12-2010, 12:56 AM

Thanks so much! You're awesome. That was super fast! There was no attachment though. Or did you put it in my original attachment? I'll check.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-12-2010, 04:23 AM

Ah cripes I did that again? Ugh me...
Attached Files
File Type: a2w OldMacDonaldsFarm_v1.4.a2w (4.69 MB, 21 views)

Re:
Old
agrasty2002

Thumbs up Re: - 07-12-2010, 05:37 AM

Got it! Thanks so much! It looks and works great! Alice has awesome support.