Default Models - 12-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Anyone got a crash test dummy model?

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Clark View Post
Anyone got a crash test dummy model?
It shouldn't be too difficult to make one. See HeBuilder in the People gallery.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
John_Clark

Default 12-19-2007, 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=DickBaldwin;4334]It shouldn't be too difficult to make one. See HeBuilder in the People gallery.

I tried that, but it doesn't have anything that looks like a crash test dummy. So unless I find a way to make a model I guess I'll have to use a random person.

Custom skins for models
Old
DrJim

Default Custom skins for models - 12-19-2007, 08:23 PM

You can actually use a combination of custom textures and untextured areas to get something that looks a little more like a crash test dummy.

First, use one of the builders to create a basic, fairly bland character. Do include enough detail to give you reference points when you later edit the skin. Now save this character as an .a2c file, unzip that file and locate the skin .png file (you may have to use 7-Zip instead of WinZip). Note that the .png format is the best (and may even be required?) for the skin texture. Finally, I do not recommend you actually change the image size the first few times you try this.

You now have two choices. You can either just play with the meshes and textures on the object (I made the hair not showing and set textures to none and just colored a couple of areas on the second character) or you can actually make edits on the skin and reimport those images (third character).

I attached the unmodified and modified skin images for this example. Note if you want to eliminate a feature/mesh like the hair - make it not showing rather than actually deleting it. If you delete it, you will get errors when you try to run methods (including the built in walk methods) that assume all of the parts from character builder are actually there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash dummies.jpg (10.5 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg CTDummy_orig_skin.jpg (14.9 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg CTDummy_mod_skin.jpg (15.0 KB, 466 views)

Old
John_Clark

Default 12-20-2007, 11:12 AM

Ok thanks that should work fairly well.