Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Getting an object to disappear when something is near it...
Old
Baines93

Default Getting an object to disappear when something is near it... - 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm using Alice 2.2 in a module at university. I'm trying to make a little game... I have played with an example at uni which is a very similar concept... I've simply tried to recreate it exactly the same, in the hope my game can have the same functionality. however, it just won't work!

The game will involve driving around finding hidden items... to start, i'm starting simple. I want the statue to disappear when the car gets within a metre of it... this is just to get me into the development. I will modify the game to eventually find small objects around the "map", in a similar way to finding the statue.

Please see the game i've started HERE. Turn the car left 90 degrees using the arrow keys, and continue forwards, you'll see the statue. If you drive near it, i'd expect ObjectFound variable to become TRUE (in convertible.Corvette function) and then statue.found property to become TRUE also. The statue should then disappear, and the car say some words. But, nothing happens, whatever I do it seems!

I'd appreciate any pointers as to what I have done wrong. I don't see why it won't work, as i've tried to follow how THIS works.

Any help would be much appreciated. I think it's a problem in the last WHILE statement in the EVENTS part, but I don't particularly understand the statement in the Alice world i'm using as an example!

Thanks,

Matt.

PS: Yes, my game looks mega rough... It'll be nothing like it is now when I have figured out how to do what I want, just testing for now. I'll hide small things at random coordinates that must be found, building up a score. Driving through things like hoops is also an idea I have to accrue more points - maybe also time limits, but I don't know how to do that yet!

Old
GameKid

Default 04-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Could you attach it to your post? Dropbox won't load it as an a2w. If you scroll down in the "Go advanced" page, you'll find a little button that says "Manage attachments". You can add the world from there, but I can't help you until you do.

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.