Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

View Poll Results: What did you think about the game?
Very well done 7 16.67%
Good 9 21.43%
Okay 15 35.71%
Terrible 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

High Quality Alice Game
Old
MichaelRobinson

Default High Quality Alice Game - 03-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Please download our game and play all three levels. You will receive an error message when you try to advance from the second level to the third level. To advance to the third level from the start without an error message, press "T". Please give us your feedback and rate the game. Let us know what we can change and let us know good ideas for the name of the game.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Alice Game 1.0.a2w (7.78 MB, 907 views)

Old
JustasM

Wink 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Hey!
I enjoyed the game, and indeed, it is probably one of the better games created on Alice. It is obvious that a lot of effort had been put into the game, and a lot of coding had been done. Level 3 is especially enjoyable (though rather difficult to beat... How do you prevent someone from firing at you?).

However, I would discourage you from calling it "high quality". Just the fact that there is an error in the game contradicts the statement. Further, I believe the game can still be polished far more than it currently is.. Try looking at Madden's 'JetStix' world to see what a polished game looks like.

As for the name, it ties in with something else that bothered me. There seems to be no connection between the different levels; they all seem to be haphazardly thrown together, all of varying quality and experience. Thus, it is difficult to think of a name, unless you provide some background information on what you were thinking when you created this game.

Finally, I believe that for level 3, the game instructions were insufficient. Who was firing at you? And how could you prevent that?

Anyway, good job on this. Few people have managed to make levels in Alice. Keep it up, and try polishing this game up a bit more!

The title
Old
ottar9919

Default The title - 03-06-2009, 01:44 PM

The title that we gave to our game has nothing to do with it(the "High Quality" means nothing). It was just a temporary name until we find a good one.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-06-2009, 11:27 PM

Although you no doubt put a lot of effort into making this game, I wouldn't call it high quality. the second level of the game is overloaded with fireAnimations to the point that Alice is so laggy that the game becomes more of an interactive slideshow than anything. I had to use your skip to third level button (T) to get to the third level, in which I was confused, uninformed and, after a short while, lagging and dead.

My suggestions:

Cut down on the infinity loops and the fireAnims (they really take a toll on Alice's speed and should be used sparingly).

Revamp grenade throwing, maybe give it a power bar or some other way of indicating range.

Create a working storyline. Makes it more fun to play.

Add a dodge option in the plane level.

Add a better way to gauge where the tank's shots will land.

(')>

Use Alice 2.2
Old
ottar9919

Default Use Alice 2.2 - 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM

This game should be run on Alice 2.2. That is what we made it on. Playing it in Alice 2.0 can cause it to be a lot more laggy. Alice 2.2 can be found at http://alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/alice2_2_info.

Old
TFG

Thumbs down 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottar9919 View Post
This game should be run on Alice 2.2. That is what we made it on. Playing it in Alice 2.0 can cause it to be a lot more laggy. Alice 2.2 can be found at http://alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/alice2_2_info.

I HAVE Alice 2.2 and it was still REALLY laggy.

Too bad it dosen't work
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default Too bad it dosen't work - 04-16-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFG View Post
I HAVE Alice 2.2 and it was still REALLY laggy.
If it was still lagy you need a better computer for the game.

Old
brettmasterb

Default 09-28-2010, 08:19 AM

your game fails hard.

Old
Fritz

Default 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM

You should never say 'we', as it's bad grammar.

Working on a new Futuristic FPS game

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6734

Congratulations
Old
patsito92

Thumbs up Congratulations - 11-02-2010, 09:59 PM

I really enjoyed this game my friend. In my computer runs pretty well without bugs or lags. I see that other people are having trouble running your game. Well, I guess it is because their computers. I have a game that weighs over 200 mb. Maybe it will not be a good idea to post it. Anyways, congratulations, I hope you post more games some of us can enjoy. My apologies for bad english.