Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Alice File Trouble
Old
shodai

Default Alice File Trouble - 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM

I am teaching and students are having trouble with their files. One student cannot open a file that they saved the other day (jurasic park) and now another student is getting an error when they try to save their work.

Does anyone have any suggestions
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Jurassic Park~.a2w (19.87 MB, 1 views)

Old
jediaction

Default 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM

Sadly, this is a common issue and there was no way to recover lost projects until recently. The member Zonedabone has learned Java very well and was able to go into the source code of one of my older games that couldn't load and was able to get it working. I could send this project to him and see what he can do about it. There is very little that you can do about this. Alice sometimes has these errors and most of the time, they cannot be fixed. Zonedabone isn't that active anymore so it will be very hard to contact him. This is even through Skype also. I could get the project to him that probably get it fixed, but for now, the best thing you can do is go to your project backups. Work from the latest backup and see how much data is still there.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
shodai

Default 03-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Jedi

Thanks for the offer but it is not necessary to go through all of that trouble. I will just need to increase the number of backups that are made so that students have a more recent account of their work.

Thanks alot