Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

First Time Alice user
Old
jaxadams

Smile First Time Alice user - 06-09-2011, 12:12 PM

My experience with Alice was vergy good. The first assignment was not too challenging just need to learn how to move around within the program. It seems to be pretty user friendly and I look forward to utilizing more of its options.

Old
David B

Default 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadams View Post
My experience with Alice was vergy good. The first assignment was not too challenging just need to learn how to move around within the program. It seems to be pretty user friendly and I look forward to utilizing more of its options.
Great! I am glad to hear that! I wish you luck with your experience with Alice! If you ever need help with something, don't hesitate to ask me, or anyone else on these forums who knows the answer to your question.

Old
jediaction

Default 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Like in my sig, you should try to PM(Private message) some people for help. I am probably the most active user so you will get a respone from me usually the quickest(no offense to anyone, I am just on a lot). But, tommorow through monday I will not be avalible..I will be out of town

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
mfreeman

Default 06-09-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm glad everything went well for you, Jax! I guess we'll see how everything progresses during this course. It's nice to start out in a software course and not have to fight with the environment or other variables. We can just concentrate on what we need to learn! Keep up the great work and It'll be great to see what you post up next!

Old
YoungCrazE

Default 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM

Oh trust me, Alice has a huge difficulty spike, but it also has a pretty nice learning curve. I'll give you a fair warning, beware the loops, cause for me they caused the most errors in the beginning, but if you remember to always have an end in sight for the loop then you should be good.

Old
jaxadams

Default 07-07-2011, 04:29 PM

to youngcraze...I did experience that difficulty spike. It was a true challenge but I think that I have worked through. Thanks to help from friendly users on this site.

Old
room14

Default 07-08-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Like in my sig, you should try to PM(Private message) some people for help. I am probably the most active user so you will get a respone from me usually the quickest(no offense to anyone, I am just on a lot). But, tommorow through monday I will not be avalible..I will be out of town
what about me? I always get ignored!

:D

Old
jediaction

Default 07-08-2011, 04:09 PM

I said "some people." That meant you in there and other people. I could not name everyone.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames