Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Export As Webpage playback.... not quite right
Old
klausedacombustible

Default Export As Webpage playback.... not quite right - 12-09-2006, 11:10 AM

I'm not really sure how to describe the problem, but the short version is that it doesn't quite work right. Text in the file I put together disappeared completely, in one my friend built just got scrambled, all my invisible objects were visible, and the movement wasn't the same. Is there something I did wrong, or a step I missed? Plesae help!

Webpage export has a lot of problems!
Old
DrJim

Angry Webpage export has a lot of problems! - 12-09-2006, 12:40 PM

Look at the bug list (accessable from the Alice home page) for a summary of problems.

Re what you listed, text balloons disappear entirely (if you only got one scrambled, I'd really like to know how ) and the spacing for 3D text objects is off so badly for most (all?) fonts that they are hardly useable.

Also, opacity settings and a lot of other display related parameters don't work - as a first approximation use slow-and-steady Alice to see what you're likely to get.

Mouse inputs tend not to work - though not always.

The last big problem I've had is that the program seems to stop for even moderately large files, especially those with sound. The maximum file size seems to be data dependent but isn't very large (a few hundred K at most) in any case.

Personally, I've pretty much given up on this option - disappointing since it is the only way in Alice to share your work with someone who doesn't have the program.

Old
klausedacombustible

Default 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM

i know there probably isn't, but there's no way to make the file a self-executable or anything? or would that be asking too much?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 12-12-2006, 11:59 PM

You can't make a world executable, but you can run a world without having to start up the Alice interface/editor. You do still have to have Alice installed on your machine.

click me.