Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
Dameria

Default 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Wait a minute....I use Java SCript but I'm no expert. Alice is javascript, people make online games with java script in Unity 3D. Cant you use the same programming techniques in alice??
Alice is not Javascript, it is Java and Python, mostly Java. Java is very different from Javascript, so no, you can't use the same methods in Javascript that you can in Java.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
jediaction

Default 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

well.....Java script is similar, I do the coding and Java in Alice is quite the same

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 02-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Well, the question was can you, the answer is yes, but that doesnt mean you should. You can easily translate from javascript and implement it other ways, just as you can easily translate java to jython. An online game is very possible using both python and java methods, its just not that plausible. There are barriers to be tackled first - security issues, popularity (will anyone actually be online to play), lag, errors, hackers, filesize issues, firewalls. Also there are few people on the forums who know how to do this and I dont know anyone who can be bothered, I for one am too busy.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
jediaction

Default 03-29-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Well, the question was can you, the answer is yes, but that doesnt mean you should. You can easily translate from javascript and implement it other ways, just as you can easily translate java to jython. An online game is very possible using both python and java methods, its just not that plausible. There are barriers to be tackled first - security issues, popularity (will anyone actually be online to play), lag, errors, hackers, filesize issues, firewalls. Also there are few people on the forums who know how to do this and I dont know anyone who can be bothered, I for one am too busy.

Ok. But I am doing Visual Basic now...but its still pretty new. You can do online in there right?

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Question 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum111111 View Post
how do i make it so that the camera and gun follow the mouse when it moves???
All u have to do is make a method called foward then follow these instructions, "camera move foward 0.1 meters duration 0.01 seconds" that should make the camera move foward, jst repeat for left, right, and bacward and u should be good. P.S How do u post worlds on forums. ._.

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 11-08-2011, 06:12 PM

what do u mean by jumping? If its collisions then I can help but if its w/ gravity thenur screwed cauz i havent seen the game. Oh and if u want to make a online multiplayer game then u need Jython and a secure ftp server, I have made a online game I just didnt post it. The internet is wireless so I u wanted to play it online you'd have to be around my area.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
how do i make it so that the camera and gun follow the mouse when it moves???
U set the gun vehicle in prperties to the cam.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
who here is making a cool game?
i am!

Old
jediaction

Default 11-09-2011, 09:32 AM

AliceMaster, you can avoid Quad-Posts by selecting the quote message, then Copying it with "Control C" and pasting it "Control V" in one message instead of 4. This is because it can get rather annoying when someone posts 4 times in a row. Example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceMaster00 View Post
All u have to do is make a method called foward then follow these instructions, "camera move foward 0.1 meters duration 0.01 seconds" that should make the camera move foward, jst repeat for left, right, and bacward and u should be good. P.S How do u post worlds on forums. ._.
Quote:
what do u mean by jumping? If its collisions then I can help but if its w/ gravity thenur screwed cauz i havent seen the game. Oh and if u want to make a online multiplayer game then u need Jython and a secure ftp server, I have made a online game I just didnt post it. The internet is wireless so I u wanted to play it online you'd have to be around my area.
Quote:
U set the gun vehicle in prperties to the cam.
Quote:
i am!

Old
arty-fishL

Default 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
AliceMaster, you can avoid Quad-Posts by selecting the quote message, then Copying it with "Control C" and pasting it "Control V" in one message instead of 4. This is because it can get rather annoying when someone posts 4 times in a row. Example...
That's a rather long winded way, cant you just use the multi-quote feature? Just click the multi-quote button on the first three posts and the quote button on the final one and it will have 4 quotes there ready for you. You can even do this across different threads.

█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬