Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
How do I make a game?
Old
Eric Viv
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Post How do I make a game? - 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM

I need to know how to make a game with alice. I want it to be a shooting game where you shoot the other people and the other people shoot back. And you can steal cars. Also I want the game to have a start screen. Can some one make a video on how to make a game in alice like this one i want. Or give me detaled explanation.

-Eric V.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
ulrich200
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM

I think I may be able to help you with this. I will start making a video and I'll post it here when I'm done.
   
Reply With Quote
here you go
Old
ulrich200
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default here you go - 06-12-2008, 07:02 PM

ok i'm done with the video. it's low quality but the best i can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPOSwaQdjg
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Eric Viv
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-13-2008, 07:57 AM

Thaabks Dude It Helped Alot! But how do you make it so thay can get out of the car?

Last edited by Eric Viv; 06-13-2008 at 07:59 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
ulrich200
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-13-2008, 10:11 AM

always happy to help!

create a new event that says when a key is pressed do nothing, then create a new method and have it move the camera like to the side of the car. then drag it to the new event!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DickBaldwin
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Viv View Post
Thaabks Dude It Helped Alot! But how do you make it so thay can get out of the car?
Have you considered starting at the beginning and learning to program from the ground up using Alice instead of trying to jump into a fairly advanced level? Sounds like that might be a good idea.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DickBaldwin
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich200 View Post
ok i'm done with the video. it's low quality but the best i can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPOSwaQdjg
That video shows that you certainly do know your way around the Alice development environment. I was impressed.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
   
Reply With Quote
Old
ulrich200
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 06-13-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickBaldwin View Post
That video shows that you certainly do know your way around the Alice development environment. I was impressed.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
thanks
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
how do i make a game?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2021, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.