Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do i do this
Old
rohan123444

Unhappy How do i do this - 11-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Well i have a question about this program. I have this program where a car moves when the world starts. What i want to do is if the mouse is clicked on the car while the method is running, I don't want anything to happen, but if the mouse is clicked on the car when the method isn't running then i want the move method to repeat. I know it has something to do with a variable but i cant seem to get it to work. If you could please fix my program and repost it and walk me through what you did that would be greatly appreciated.

If you cant open it, then this is what is in the program. I have a world method called my first method and i have a world boolean variable called ifMethodIsRunning in the world's properties and i have the default to true.

This is how my first method looks

Do together
Loop infinity times
print world.If.Car.Is.Moving
Do in order
car move forward five meters

Now i dont know where to put the variable in my method and what to put in the world event. If you could please explain this i would be very happy.

Right now i have as the world event when the world starts do my first method.

I NEED HELP PLEASE
Attached Files
File Type: a2w practice.a2w (189.2 KB, 4 views)

Old
dubastot

Default 11-25-2009, 05:46 PM

All you do is make a boolean variable and make it set to true while your car moving method is running. Have an if/ else statement saying if boolean variable=true do nothing and in the else box add another if statement saying if boolean variable=false car start moving. It should look something like this:

if
boolean variable=true
[I]do nothing/I]

else
if boolean variable=false
Do together
Loop infinity times
print world.If.Car.Is.Moving
Do in order
car move forward five meters

It doesn't work
Old
rohan123444

Smile It doesn't work - 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM

It doesnt seem to work. Could you try opening up my program up above or just creating your own program and posting it here so i could see that would realllly help!!!

Tags
how to, variables