Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
dpratfutbol
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Debussybunny, can you post the sniper as a file? i could use that for a winter Op i'm making
Apreciated
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 10-12-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post

The second, also vital reason may be that we (or probably more suitable, I) don't know how to make functional subparts/reposition pivots.

And, x2495iiii, if you do know how to change pivot points in Blender, could you teach me?

Danke.
Could've sworn I taught you already. Oh well.

You right click the object you want to reposition, press tab, press shift-s-4 to center the 3d cursor to your selection, then press tab again, then click object>transform>center cursor in the bottom menu. This should make the pivot move to and orient to your 3d cursor, which is at the center of your object.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Also, both Dameria and I have found appropriate Halo models. Search around and you'll likely find them, and if not, look through the sketchup warehouse, where D found his models originally.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
debussybunny563
Senior Member
 
debussybunny563's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 852
Join Date: May 2010
Arrow 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpratfutbol View Post
Debussybunny, can you post the sniper as a file? i could use that for a winter Op i'm making
Apreciated
I'm planning to release all of them in one big thread, so for the moment it'll have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Could've sworn I taught you already. Oh well.

You right click the object you want to reposition, press tab, press shift-s-4 to center the 3d cursor to your selection, then press tab again, then click object>transform>center cursor in the bottom menu. This should make the pivot move to and orient to your 3d cursor, which is at the center of your object.
Okay. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Also, both Dameria and I have found appropriate Halo models. Search around and you'll likely find them, and if not, look through the sketchup warehouse, where D found his models originally.
Will do.


Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2020, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.