Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Methods in Alice
Old
Alex Rodriguez

Default Methods in Alice - 02-03-2009, 03:06 PM

I've created another little successful world. Its a mummy that walks slowly up to a pharoah and as he gets close, the pharoah motions his arm up and the mummy falls back. I had some problems creating the method for the mummy to setp, but worked through the kinks and played with the movements.

Old
Torsha Mosley

Default 02-08-2009, 10:21 PM

That's great! I have been working trying to get it to walk but just can't seem to get it. I'm not giving up though.

Methods in Alice
Old
AguiJu

Unhappy Methods in Alice - 12-14-2017, 12:30 PM

I too was working on the mummy assignment. It really was a pain to get the mummy to fall back. I made the mummy sit then edited it until I figured out how to make it lay down. Though I'm not sure if we had to make it walk the instructions weren't specific so I made my mummy move forward. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the mummy walk I would greatly appreciate it!

Examples are a good resource
Old
rkhorn

Default Examples are a good resource - 12-14-2017, 10:59 PM

I did the helicopter project yesterday and didn't have too many issues. The mummy and the pharaoh took some thought though. I finally went into the skater example and picked apart a lot of the methods that make up the movements. It helped tremendously, even though it wasn't the same type of movements I needed, it showed me the parameters I could use to get there.

walking
Old
jaylee72

Default walking - 12-15-2017, 12:38 PM

totally agree with Richard. Looking at examples and tutorials helped me find the commands to achieve what I wanted!

Old
ColtonLet

Default 01-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayleee72 View Post
totally agree with Richard. Looking at these D-Bal examples and tutorials helped me find the commands to achieve what I wanted!
That sounds pretty interesting, rkhorn. Did you consider making videos of your projects and sharing them on youtube? Maybe they'd be a useful learning resource for others.

Last edited by ColtonLet; 10-05-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Old
jonynavas

Default 01-21-2018, 05:16 AM

its very interesting

Old
bodyjohn

Default 11-22-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsha Mosley View Post
That's great! I have been working trying to get it to walk but just can't seem to get it. I'm not giving up though.
dont give up, you will succeed one day.