Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Visual effects & reset?
Old
Sophie

Default Visual effects & reset? - 06-19-2009, 12:48 PM

I want to change the appearance of my objects over time. It looks like my choices for doing this are one resize method, and several properties I can directly manipulate.

- method: resize
- properties: color, opacity, emissiveColor, specularHighlightColor..

Are there better ways than directly manipulating properties? Is there someplace I can find an explanation of these properties?

Is there a way to "reset" a visual property back to its default, or is it up to me to track the original values and provide a reset myself?

And lastly - for methods such as "roll", is there any way to change the axis for the roll?

Thanks!

Old
DrJim

Default 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM

A bit vague, and I assume like your other posting that you are talking about 2.2. But here are some general answers:

1. There are really no other things you can change except textures (which can be interestin). You can expand the object tree and just change sub-objects, however, and also can resize in only one direction (see screenshoot). Note than any change affects everything below that sub-object in the hierarchy. You can also import an .ase object and substitute it for one of the model's parts - but this is pretty difficult.

2. There is no general way to do a reset, however you can change the top objects properties and everything below will be set to the same value.

3. There is no way to change a library object's axis. You can add a dummy object, reposition it where you want and then make it the vehicle for the actual object. When you roll, etc. the dummy, the "real" object will follow accordingly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg properties.JPG (22.8 KB, 21 views)

Old
Sophie

Default 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM

Thanks, DrJim!