OK 3 75.00%
Not that good 0 0%
Horrible 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Skiing Adventure Glade Edition
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Post Skiing Adventure Glade Edition - 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Skiing Adventure Glade Edition will be a skiing game in which if you hit a tree or any other obstacle you will lose. The game will include possibly several levels going from a green beginner trail to a Expert Double Diamond trail. I will work hard to build it so that you will fall if you lose balance and so that you will stay on he ground not floating. I only require the assistance of need of a model mountain larger than the one already in the gallery. I will also love to have some one help advise me on a gravity method i can use.

Old
rich0e0rick

Default 03-25-2009, 03:06 PM

ouch man....thats gona be impossible to make for a beginner, and hard for someone experienced too. but if you want to give it a try i offer you my help.
i sujest making a track with straight sections only, and at each "intersection" of the sections, you have a "checkpoint" to switch the gravity checking method to the next angle of the track... before doing this, try searching on google for free 3d models or something like that to find a good mountain, and once youve got your mountain, "build" your track on it so its flat in sections as before... madden made a skiing game once i think, try finding it on the forrums, it might give you a refernece to start with...

rick

im back!!! FINNALY!!! got windows working on my mac again!!!

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0e0rick View Post
ouch man....thats gona be impossible to make for a beginner, and hard for someone experienced too. but if you want to give it a try i offer you my help.
i sujest making a track with straight sections only, and at each "intersection" of the sections, you have a "checkpoint" to switch the gravity checking method to the next angle of the track... before doing this, try searching on google for free 3d models or something like that to find a good mountain, and once youve got your mountain, "build" your track on it so its flat in sections as before... madden made a skiing game once i think, try finding it on the forrums, it might give you a refernece to start with...

rick
I fully recognize this will be a very hard task to complete and will be working on this a lot. Thanks for the segestions and will take them into consideration. I probably will do the gravity sugestions you had.

Found what i need.
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Post Found what i need. - 03-28-2009, 03:47 PM

I have found the mountain I need and just require somone to convert it for me into an alice object. I will send the website that it is on for any one who will convert it for me.

Use camera roll, etc.
Old
DrJim

Default Use camera roll, etc. - 03-29-2009, 12:22 PM

One big problem you are going to have if the mountain is anywhere complicated is having the skier follow the surface and still have realistic movement. There really isn't a good "distance to surface" function.

One way is to "fake" it by moving the camera and setting up the vehicle relationships to give a similar effect, as shown in the attached.

Also I wouldn't spend too much time on a "gravity" model - a skier's speed is really more dependent on the friction between the ski's and the snow - and in fact can be controlled by the skier (a snowplow - my best move other than just falling on my face - for example.)

P.S. - Post the web site and I'll take a look at the mountain - but won't guarentee anything.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Camera Roll.a2w (570.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by DrJim; 03-29-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Old
DrJim

Default 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Oops - uploaded the wrong file. Here's one with an obstacle a few seconds into the run.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Camera Roll with tree.a2w (667.4 KB, 25 views)

Thanks Dr Jim
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Smile Thanks Dr Jim - 03-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the offer of looking at the website but have now decided to make it in Alice(Which is possible But very time consuming). Thanks for the file i will look at it and post a reply to it as quick as i can. Initially I was going to make some jumps which i would need gravity for but then i decided it would be too hard.
I have looked at the file it looks as if I will be able to learn from it for some of what i need. I haven't looked at the coding yet but will.

Last edited by King Gamer(gorit); 03-29-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Looked At File

Progress As of March 31,2009 3:00
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Exclamation Progress As of March 31,2009 3:00 - 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM

So far i have worked on the mountain a little bit. (so far it only has a straight short section with no obstacles) I am currently working on making the skis behave correctly to the skiers actions. I am currently having problems with it not keeping up with the peoples feet. I though do beleive i know how to fix it.
Well post more as I go.

New Progress Report
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Exclamation New Progress Report - 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM

I have the ski orientation system working though I may increase its power if I increase the speed that the skier will go at. What i will now work on will be the mountain because that will be what i will need to get done before anything else. If any one would offer me help it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. i attached the File because if any one would like to look at my system to orient the skis you can. If any one is just contact me.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Skiing Adventure Glade Edition(Developmental Stage).a2w (1.54 MB, 31 views)

Old
("Robby")

Smile 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM

If the skis are not moving properly then I suggest you veicle the skier to the skis and just move the skis.

(PS) Sorry about bad spelling im only 10....