Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

No importer found to load given file type
Old
Coreyjames25

Default No importer found to load given file type - 04-16-2009, 05:20 PM

as the title says when i try to import any file that is a2w from anywhere on my computer i get the error "No importer found to load given file type"

Old
lanceA

Default 04-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjames25 View Post
as the title says when i try to import any file that is a2w from anywhere on my computer i get the error "No importer found to load given file type"
I'm not sure what you mean by 'import', but if you are speaking of opening a file in Alice then you need to know that you can not double-click on an Alice .A2w, file and expect it to open. You have to first open Alice and then select the file you wish to work with.

There is no "auto File association" set for Alice files. First open Alice and then use the FILE menu to select the .A2w file you wish to work with.

Good luck,

Old
Coreyjames25

Default 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by 'import', but if you are speaking of opening a file in Alice then you need to know that you can not double-click on an Alice .A2w, file and expect it to open. You have to first open Alice and then select the file you wish to work with.

There is no "auto File association" set for Alice files. First open Alice and then use the FILE menu to select the .A2w file you wish to work with.

Good luck,
nope i mean when you open or start a new alice file and you want to import an object or event.
by clicking file import
so you can merge more than one alice file.

Old
DrJim

Default 04-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Lots of limitations on the capabilites to merge stuff and you basically have to use the clipboard.

While running Alice, copy what you want to move to the clipboard. Then close the current world - but don't close Alice - load your new world and try to drop the contents of the clipboard into the new world. This works for code - assuming everything referenced is in the new world - but not objects.

For objects, save a copy under a new name and then import it.