Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Old
lanceA

Default 10-22-2006, 02:04 PM

Far be it from me to hurt someone's feelings, especially over something such as an animated avatar. I will let myself out of the forum.

cya,

If anyone cares about my $0.02...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Default If anyone cares about my $0.02... - 10-30-2006, 07:12 PM

Well, I'm coming into this conversation a little late (which seems to be a routine fashion for me these days ), but I do have a short list of opinions for those who are interested in hearing from me:

1. To Tripp - Thanks again for GIMP... I'm still trying to figure it out, it being a complex image editor and all, but its kinda fun to see what happens to my Rise of Legends pics with these kinds of tools...
2. To Dr. Jim - I like that animation. It is a shame you can't import a .GIF animation image into the forums like you attached it, or else Tripp would have a radically different Avatar right about now.
3. To Heart_Flame - Part one - I agree with Tripp that Alice is far from just being another image program... it is one heck of an awesome program that has helped me to understand programming quite better than I did before (now if only I could figure out C Programming for my Neverwinter Nights Scenario Editor! ). Therefore, its purpose as an educational tool definitely shines here!
4. To myself - I need to wrap this thing up... it's already longer than this entire text box.
And 5. To Heart_Flame - Part two - I don't think LanceA intended to offend you in any way when he said the avatars weren't the most important thing on the forums, though I happen to be a bit picky about mine too. Took me 2 whole days just deciding which pic I should've used!

.....Instead of two cents, I pretty much handed out the whole dollar....

Oh, one other thing... what's 'Fibonnaci'?

Last edited by Shadow Sovereign; 10-30-2006 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Forgot something...

Old
Heart_Flame

Thumbs down 10-30-2006, 07:18 PM

OMG do any of you speak English, I never said that Alice was an image creation program, I never asked if Alice was an image creation program, I HAVE PHOTOSHOP, GIMP AND EVERYTHING ELSE, all I was asking was WTF IS ALICE. AND WHY CAN"T I USE ANY GOOD PICS FOR AVATARS OR SIGS. I am not going to apologise because I am pissed off, I have made myself clear, it is not my fault if you are a noob and won't understand me, I might be banned for saying these things... and I am moving friday and have to pack my compy.

Good day, sir or madam or w/e you are.

???
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Unhappy ??? - 10-30-2006, 07:26 PM

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................ummmmmm. .... what did I do wrong?

Old
Heart_Flame

Default 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Sovereign View Post
3. To Heart_Flame - Part one - I agree with Tripp that Alice is far from just being another image program... it is one heck of an awesome program that has helped me to understand programming quite better than I did before (now if only I could figure out C Programming for my Neverwinter Nights Scenario Editor! ). Therefore, its purpose as an educational tool definitely shines here!
Fibonnaci?
I might have misread that, maybe you meant something else, if you did I am sorry, but I am going through a really stressfull time atm.

also,shadow, you'll be wanting to check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonnaci

Hmm...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Post Hmm... - 10-30-2006, 07:35 PM

Perhaps I did not make myself clear, and if so, then it was my bad. I simply meant that Alice is a good way to learn programming because it is simple enough to understand and use as a program creation and compiler device, and that simplicity is its strength.

Anyways, I do have a bad habit of rambling on in details, so I'll just shut up for now. Thanx for the link.

Edit: I'm not too good with hyper-advanced math, so now having looked at the link, I'll just shut up with anything to do with math over an Algebra II level... lol

Last edited by Shadow Sovereign; 10-30-2006 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something again...

To Heart_Flame
Old
DrJim

Thumbs up To Heart_Flame - 10-30-2006, 09:11 PM

Glad you're still looking at the forum even if it does give you occasional stress - don't think most of us do it intentionally.

Hope your move goes well - they are always a pain.

Old
Heart_Flame

Default 10-30-2006, 09:13 PM

Sorry for any trouble I may have caused, I am not usually like this.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Moving definitely is a stressful thing...I've done it 6 of the past 7 years. Yuck!

Old
Heart_Flame

Default 10-30-2006, 11:12 PM

ouch =[