Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Reseting world
Old
ottar9919

Default Reseting world - 01-31-2009, 05:58 PM

Is there a way that you can reset the world from within the program? I know that you can move all the objects back and make it appear to reset, but i want something like actually pressing the restart button.

Old
Chris101b

Default 02-01-2009, 01:14 PM

This question is kind of vague... do you want to reset the world while you are playing the game, or do you want to be able to play in the world and do whatever and then reset it? What exactly are you trying to do? If you want to reset the world in the game, you can click on all of the items in the world and drop a dummy where they are. Then, make a method that tells all of the objects to go to their previous destinations. If you want to do this without pressing play, you can just save the world, and then do whatever you want and then go back to the world that you saved without re-saving the world you are currently in.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Reseting world
Old
ottar9919

Default Reseting world - 02-02-2009, 09:29 AM

I want to reset the world while playing the game. I know that you can move all of the objects back, but then you have to turn them to face a certain direction, and set all of the variables to their original value. I was looking for a way that totally reset the program, like pressing the restart button at the top of the window.