Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Tic-Tac-Toe Help
Old
pc013

Default Tic-Tac-Toe Help - 12-05-2009, 06:50 PM

I'm making a tic tac toe game for a class project. so far i have all the squares set up, but dont know what to do next. i dont know how to make alice realize when it is "x" turn and "o" turn so it knows which letter to make appear. help please

Old
kylefwlr

Default 12-05-2009, 10:16 PM

you could make an x and circle object in alice and make it so if one is clicked a variable is changed in maybe an if statement as to which shape would move to where you clicked. maybe make some invisible squares in the boxes and say if one is clicked "call function that moves the x or o to that objects position"

Old
Dameria

Default 12-06-2009, 09:10 AM

I can make a full example of this program for you, but I don't have time now. How about making a 3D text in each box, and events for when each box is clicked on. Then make methods for each of the 3D texts where when they are clicked, it changes the text of that individual text to either a O or X. You would have 2 if/else statements in each method, and you would need a number variable for each text. And depending on who's turn it is the variable changes from 0 if it is O's turn and 1 if it is X's turn. Then in the if/else statement you would do if (numberVariable1 == 0), change text to O in that box, and change all of the other numberVariables to 1. Then it would be other person's turn, and it would be the same if/else statement except with variable set to 1, and text changing to X.

Its hard to explain, and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but I think I could get this working for you if I have time.

Old
Dameria

Default 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

I have finally finished my first version of Tic-Tac-Toe, and I must say I am very proud of it I am pretty sure that there are no glitches or exploits, which is hard to do in some games.

Here it is, you may use it if you want to, but I am going to make a seperate thread in the Share Worlds part of the forums to post also because it is a world that I created and I am thinking of making an even better version of it. I hope you like it, and the person that wanted this world, please respond telling what you think! Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tic-Tac-Toe.a2w (409.7 KB, 121 views)

Re:Tic tac toe
Old
Dolphinlady2

Default Re:Tic tac toe - 12-03-2014, 08:29 PM

I am trying to make a tic tac toe and viewing what you guys have posted but not having any success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
I have finally finished my first version of Tic-Tac-Toe, and I must say I am very proud of it I am pretty sure that there are no glitches or exploits, which is hard to do in some games.

Here it is, you may use it if you want to, but I am going to make a seperate thread in the Share Worlds part of the forums to post also because it is a world that I created and I am thinking of making an even better version of it. I hope you like it, and the person that wanted this world, please respond telling what you think! Thanks

Tic tac toe in Alice 2.2
Old
Dolphinlady2

Default Tic tac toe in Alice 2.2 - 12-03-2014, 09:48 PM

I need some help in completing tic tac toe game in Alice 2.2.. Urgent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc013 View Post
I'm making a tic tac toe game for a class project. so far i have all the squares set up, but dont know what to do next. i dont know how to make alice realize when it is "x" turn and "o" turn so it knows which letter to make appear. help please

What do you need help with?
Old
RavenOfCode

Default What do you need help with? - 12-06-2014, 09:56 AM

Im glad to help but what do you need help with on the project?

Stuff + Other Stuff + Different Other Stuff = Things :)

My best Alice game:

Clash of the Cubes (an arena fighting game):
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=game