Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

4 Ways to Count Health
Old
JAA

Default 4 Ways to Count Health - 07-12-2010, 03:37 AM

I made an Alice world that demonstrates 4 different Health counters.

The first is a health bar.
Press [up] to make its health decrease.
The second is a number.
Press [right] to make its health decrease.
The third is a bloody camera screen.
Press [left] to make its health decrease.
The fourth is a print out of health.
Press [down] to make its health decrease.

Alright everybody, tell me what you think and feel free to use this in your games.

Oh, and originally I made it so you could click the top three objects but for some reason clicking objects stopped working. Does anyone know why this would happen?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w 4_Health_Counters.a2w (197.2 KB, 158 views)

Out of the 7 schools I applied for, Carnegie Mellon is the only one that didn't accept me. They wait listed me, but I hold no grudges. Alice is awesome and Claytronics , om*g. Some one should figure out how to put these two projects together. It would revolutionize not only the gaming industry, but the world... scratch that, the Universe... scratch that, the Multiverse!

Last edited by JAA; 07-12-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Updated file after incorporating DensetsuNoKaboom's idea.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-12-2010, 04:28 AM

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Your Welcome
Old
JAA

Default Your Welcome - 07-12-2010, 07:25 AM

No problem, but if anyone uses this in their game please give me credit. Thank you.
Also, thanks to DensetsuNoKaboom for teaching me how to re-size an object along one axis. This was crucial in making the Health bar work.

Out of the 7 schools I applied for, Carnegie Mellon is the only one that didn't accept me. They wait listed me, but I hold no grudges. Alice is awesome and Claytronics , om*g. Some one should figure out how to put these two projects together. It would revolutionize not only the gaming industry, but the world... scratch that, the Universe... scratch that, the Multiverse!

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 07-12-2010, 11:15 AM

You're welcome!!
I think you should make it so that the color changes and the health decreasing on the number and the bar happen at the same time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Good Idea
Old
JAA

Default Good Idea - 07-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Okay, instead of there being a little pause while the color changes. I'll get right on that and I'll change the file.

Okay what I did is make it so the color instantly changes. There really wasn't a reason to make it fade. I just like to make things move slowly while I'm making the world so I can see everything that happens and fix things that don't happen correctly. I changed the file to the new version.

Last edited by JAA; 07-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Old
Zack Strife

Default 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Is it ok if i make some changes to your health bar for my game

ファイナルファンターVII

Old
KaswanX

Default 10-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind I'm going to use this, I have a health thing going already but it's using individual boxes, and I can't figure out how to make all those boxes one object.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 10-26-2011, 02:01 AM

Mr. Kidnapper has been trying to figure out how to make a health bar that can go both forwards and backwards. I've more or less got it but something's wrong with the while loop. If it looks overly complicated, that's because it's intended to work in all situations.

Edit: You don't make all those boxes one object. That more or less denies Alice's identity as a 3D animation tool. Alice is not a 3D CAD program, however what you probably mean is to make a list of object type. Create a variable that inputs objects, and make it a list. It's more or less a chain-link of variables where order is important.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w d.a2w (244.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 10-26-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Thank You
Old
ICS13WW

Default Thank You - 10-30-2011, 09:52 AM

This was exactly what I have been needing for my RPG, I couldn't thank you enough

Old
zero00

Default 11-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Probably too late to make a difference, but I made a health bar system sometime ago. I don't know how useful it really is though...

Here it is!

==============Some of my Games and Ideas===========

Sky Warrior: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6291
Health Bars: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36968#post36968
Sky Warrior: Dual Force: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7174

Want to make your own space game? http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6389

Tags
counter, damage, health, random