Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Audio files play in Alice 2.0 but not 2.2
Old
scoutwert

Default Audio files play in Alice 2.0 but not 2.2 - 01-20-2010, 12:27 PM

A student turned in a project file that contained short audio clips (mp3). I opened the file in Alice 2.2 and when I pressed Play, the movie proceeded until the first sound file should have started playing. The sound did NOT play and the movie got hung up at that line of code. When I opened the file in Alice 2.0 and pressed Play, the movie played all the way through, with both sound files heard at the appropriate times.

Does anyone know why Alice 2.2 won't play sound files? Or what to do to enable playing of sound files?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM

Sound files are gambits in Alice. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. For some reason, the situation is different with everyone (for me, an error message pops up, then all I have to do is reload the world and it works perfectly). You can try testing to see if your copy of Alice 2.2 absolutely cannot handle sound by making a new world with only a sound playing, nothing else. If it can't, you can try re-installing Alice 2.2 to see if the situation changes. If that fails, I'm sorry, but you may just have to use 2.0 to play worlds with sound.

(')>

Tags
alice 2.2, audio, mwert, play sound