Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 6
Old
sptaylor17

Default Assignment 6 - 07-24-2017, 11:58 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to get the bottle count to go down to zero and why it does no repeat the first line as it counts down. Not sure if it is because after the first go round the first and last line are the same. Any suggestions?

Will sit on it a while and go to the next assignment since it is not due until the 28th.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 07-25-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptaylor17 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get the bottle count to go down to zero and why it does no repeat the first line as it counts down. Not sure if it is because after the first go round the first and last line are the same. Any suggestions?

Will sit on it a while and go to the next assignment since it is not due until the 28th.
Could you attach your Alice movie please?

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
sptaylor17

Default 07-26-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentree View Post
Could you attach your Alice movie please?
Just seeing your post. Thank you for reaching out to me. I was able to figure it out through trial and error and working on it, on and off over the last three days. So happy I'm taking this class while I'm on summer break from my job.

We had to create a world centered around the bottles of beer(pop) song, counting down from 99-0. A character had to say all of the lines in as few statements as possible, to get full credit.

The only thing that I could not figure out was how to include the "while" statement. We were suppose to use a while statement, but it worked for me fine without one. I'm hesitant to receive your assistance, I don't want to be accused of cheating again by my teacher like I had been FALSELY accused on previous assignment(s). I was able to use a loop to get it all the way down to 2, then I just wrote out the last two levels of the song in individual statements. I did that because the number of bottles changed from plural to singular, I wanted to make sure that I had the correct sentence structure in case we lose points for that also.

I will just wait to get feedback from my teacher.

However, thanks again for reaching out to me, I greatly appreciate it.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 07-29-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptaylor17 View Post

If you attach your movie I will be better able to help you.
There are several ways to get this done and seeing how you approach it will help me tailor my answer to match your method of solving the problem.

Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org