Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Trouble loading Alice
Old
Mark F

Default Trouble loading Alice - 07-07-2006, 08:53 AM

We seem to be having trouble loading Alice. We are using Windows XP Pro with SP2 on machines running from a Windows 2003 Server with group policies applied.

We have copied the Alice folder to Program Files, and when we try and run the Alice.exe file as a normal level user for the first time we get the splash screen and then nothing else.

I then tried to load Alice as an Administrator, and it all works without any issues at all.

However, when trying it again as a normal level user, this time it gets past the splash screen, but gives an error relating to a problem with the gallery, and then loads seemingly ok after that.

Is there a known reason for this behaviour? I have tried giving normal users full access to the Alice folder, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Faulkner.

Old
rovettoa

Default 07-10-2006, 10:11 AM

Try using the Slow and Steady Alice that comes with the download. That worked for us on some laptops that had your problem. However, we are still trying to figure out why regular Alice wont' run on them.

Old
rovettoa

Default 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM

After looking at several old posts with the same problem as yours, we took our laptops, gave the users admin permissions and it worked. So my problem is solved.