Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Jump!!! Randomly?
Old
Daniel8769

Default Jump!!! Randomly? - 07-20-2017, 11:48 AM

The hardest part of this exercise was the Jumping. In the book it vaguely mentions where to locate the random number generator. Again I went to YouTube and found that you can find it in the functions tab under World. Once I located it the next issue was to get my object to come back down. Took me a little experimenting but found that the "move" to ground" option in a repetitive loop did the job.

Old
sptaylor17

Default 07-20-2017, 05:47 PM

That's good to know about the move to ground option I did not know that. I just used move forward and moved backwards for the jumps. I made the jump it's own method and applied the function to my jump method to create the jump at different times.

The book does not clearly explain the examples, I agree. I found the functions and increments options by just playing around with the different tabs and method options. I took look on YouTube do you have any video to recommend that I check out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel8769 View Post
The hardest part of this exercise was the Jumping. In the book it vaguely mentions where to locate the random number generator. Again I went to YouTube and found that you can find it in the functions tab under World. Once I located it the next issue was to get my object to come back down. Took me a little experimenting but found that the "move" to ground" option in a repetitive loop did the job.