Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Trouble redrawing the world...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Exclamation Trouble redrawing the world... - 10-27-2006, 09:38 PM

Now this is funny...

Normally, when I'm in class, I'm semi-focused on my alice assignments, but when I get too bored, I minimize it and go to my Rise of Legends pics and just screw around with 'em in Paint for about 5 or 10 minutes, but when I finish and try to bring Alice back up, the program can't redraw the world. It asks if I want to retry or just give up: If I retry 3 times, it boots me out of Alice completely and I lose all my modified data, but if I give up, the picture turns black, but it at least allows me to save my world. Better yet, if I exit and reenter Alice and load the saved world, It's back to normal again, as if it never even happened (as if ...).

I've also noticed that it isn't the pics doing it. If I leave for a short break to go wee or visit the snack machines (or my personal favorite, the cappuchino machine ), my screensaver kicks in, and when I return to Alice, it does it then too.

I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions to help remedy the problem? It's nothin' big, it's just plain irritating...

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Alice should be able to redraw your scene after a screensaver, but sometimes it doesn't work. The only workaround is to either turn your screensaver off (or change the activation time to longer than you'll be away), or just shut down Alice before you leave.

Remember to save regularly!

Old
Shadow Sovereign

Thumbs up 10-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Ok, I've recently started to just save and shut Alice down whenever I leave for my break because the quirk was probably about to start adding gray hairs on my head. The good thing about this kind of problem is that it helps to teach you to save every single step of the way. Some of my friends may not agree, but hey, better to be safe than sorry.

Thanx for your input, gabe.... I appreciate it.