Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Thunder SFX not found whole world not working
Old
red leader79

Default Thunder SFX not found whole world not working - 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM

I have made an extremely complex flight simulator in Alice and it includes rain and thunder sound effects. THIS TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO MAKE. I'm looking at starting from scratch. There are 5 or 6 different tracks, one of which I ended up using. One of the tracks I am not using cannot be found when trying to open it in Alice, save it in Alice, or play the sound in Alice. I need to know if I can either A-put the file into place myself or B-make Alice run without it. Thanks in advance.

Old
DrJim

Default 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM

See Gabe's posting in the thread http://www.alice.org/community/showt...ighlight=sound .

If you can't find the sound track in the unzipped world file, it probably got accidentally deleted somehow.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM

I have never given this matter a lot of thought, but it looks to me like the only sounds that are provided by Alice 2.0 are contained in the following files:

chicken.mp3
doorbell.mp3
drip.mp3
gong.mp3
pop.mp3
splash.wav
thud1.mp3
thud2.mp3
whoosh1.mp3
whoosh2.mp3

They are located in the following folder in the Windows version of Alice:

C:...\Alice\Required\sounds

Did you install a sound file containing thunder on your system? If not, although I have never done so, I believe that you can simply copy a compatible sound file into the sounds folder given above and it will become available.

Actually, you can import a sound from anywhere on your disk by selecting the Properties tab of the World and then selecting Sounds on that pane.

I'm not certain what all the compatible sound file formats are, but given the above list, both mp3 and wav files are compatible.

(I just imported a wav file from a completely different application into Alice and it played properly after dragging and dropping it into the code edit window.)

Dick Baldwin