Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Use Quad View Effectively
Old
J3ff

Default Use Quad View Effectively - 08-27-2007, 08:54 PM

Hey there,

I new to using and alice and a question I have is when I am putting in models in quad view, is there a way I can move/focus the other three cameras? At this current point in time the only one I figure out how to move is the main camera(using the arrow buttons on screen), I asked my teacher in class but she was unaware how to make this work. In fact she said they do not move I was wondering if this was true, if they can not move it makes them kind of worthless so I figure they must one way or another.

Thanks in Advance to All the responses!
~J3ff

Old
DrJim

Default 08-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Think this may be a question of semantics. Strictly speaking, the quad view gives you the camera view (there is only one) and three orthogonal views. You can move or zoom the viewing area of each of the orthogonal views (use the hand and magnifying glass buttons) but a change in one view has no effect on the other views or on the camera position.

Basically I find the quad view is helpfull for positioning objects but not much help in trying to set up the camera viewpoint.

Old
J3ff

Default 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM

Using the "hand" and "glass" buttons where the ones I was looking for thank you very much

~J3ff

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM

It sounds like you may be able to make good use of the online Alice tutorials at http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm