Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Cursor-lock fps wip
Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default Cursor-lock fps wip - 01-29-2012, 06:26 AM

I started making an FPS a while ago. WIP on weapons, ammo, ai (there isnt ai at all but im going to add), scenery, menu, missions, different modes, crouching, probably powerups. Tell me what you think. Keep in mind that anything that needs to be fixed with calibation, i have no idea how to modify mouse-lock because I made this FPS with a cursor-lock system already installed.
Controls:
wasd: movement
q: stop cursor lock
1,2: Switch between weapons
c: Aim
0: Reload
Click on sphere to start cursor-lock.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 01-29-2012, 06:32 AM

Sorry, forgot to post.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w FPS test game.a2w (11.34 MB, 82 views)

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 01-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Well, the existence of an edit button aside, still no disappearing mouse? Also, still with the calibration point?
You can replace the calibration point with Arty's auto-calibration script inside of Air Ace. You can make the mouse change cursor images (To something perhaps invisible) with a script inside of Arty's Mouse Maze Mania.
E button causes crash. Code not very efficient but eh. At least most of it works. Seems you've sort-of-fixed the recalibration problem by making it possible to recalibrate by pressing Q.
By the way, if someone's window is resized, the mouselock moves to the left. Your collision detection of detecting the object under the mouse won't work then, and other problems with that method have been noted, such as a hit not being detected until after the mouse is let go of. Though you're not even using it, so that's just odd.

As I've said, I don't really do world reviews. I don't expect this to be have been something that was made to be reviewed anyways. The most you can expect from me is to nitpick at all of the problems the world has.
Edit: That is a really lazy reload animation. Here's a video you should look at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5KqN7ywAw
Good anims for the Finnish RK-62 by some Finnish guy CryDEV calls Olli. Two different reload animations, one for partially loaded and one for empty.
http://www.crydev.net/newspage.php?news=81887
GREAT anims by a guy developing a multiplayer shooter. Best seen instead. The guns used in the video are repurposed and edited with permission from Counter Strike makers.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 01-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Old
GameKid

Default 01-30-2012, 09:55 PM

I don't get it. My mouse doesn't do anything but shoot.
Also, I didn't know you could make an fps this realistic. Good job!

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 01-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Well, the existence of an edit button aside, still no disappearing mouse? Also, still with the calibration point?
You can replace the calibration point with Arty's auto-calibration script inside of Air Ace. You can make the mouse change cursor images (To something perhaps invisible) with a script inside of Arty's Mouse Maze Mania.
E button causes crash. Code not very efficient but eh. At least most of it works. Seems you've sort-of-fixed the recalibration problem by making it possible to recalibrate by pressing Q.
By the way, if someone's window is resized, the mouselock moves to the left. Your collision detection of detecting the object under the mouse won't work then, and other problems with that method have been noted, such as a hit not being detected until after the mouse is let go of. Though you're not even using it, so that's just odd.
I dont know how to do this because i need to learn jython.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 01-31-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameKid View Post
Also, I didn't know you could make an fps this realistic. Good job!
Thanks!

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 01-31-2012, 04:36 PM

You don't need to learn how to use Jython. You just need to be able to distinguish parts of code, copy that code, and paste it. Middle school English class should be enough for this. Most of the code that has ever been written by human hands are made easily distinguishable and every name involved makes sense. The only times where this isn't the case is when you're using a decompiler/disassembler such as IDA Pro to reverse-engineer a program, in which case everything is named "method1" "var1" "var2" "function4" and such because the decompiler can't make names out of machine code.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 01-31-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 02-01-2012, 09:21 AM

Yeah but i dont know how to open jython. Does it come with Alice or do you download it?

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 02-01-2012, 09:58 AM

Nope.
http://aliceprogramming.wikia.com/wiki/Scripting
Just enable Scripting in Alice Preferences XML, right click world and click edit script.

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 02-01-2012, 07:55 PM

how do you open documents and settings cmd?

Tags
handmodels, jediaction, x2495iiii