Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Need help with work :(
Old
Astar

Post Need help with work :( - 04-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone/somebody can help me with my project, because I'm still not used to working with Alice program and would be great if someone/somebody can create this work and send to me and it would be awesome to look at how you did the program so I could learn how to do it next time. I am eager to learn. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! really means a lot!!

Project Requirements

For this project you are required to build an Alice animation that includes the following criteria:
* Some kind of story line (user story). You may want to copy a couple of minutes of your favourite film, as long as you can work out a way to include all of the following elements.
* Program design sketches or Photoshop or screen shots.
* Algorithm design number and describe each scene and shot.
* At least five objects used, not including background scenery. These objects must interact in some meaningful way.
* At least three user-generated events.
* At least five user-defined world-level methods created by you each scene and shot should be in its own method.
* At least two user-defined object-level methods created by you.
* At least four pre-written (Alice supplied) methods and functions used.
* Use of variables and parameters.
* At least two loops (one while, one for).
* At least three uses of the if statement.
* Use of Arrays or lists for storing a group of values.
* Sound.
* A comprehensive unit test document that covers every functional aspect of your program. This must include at least twelve unit tests using the template provided or using your own format

No longer than 5 minutes, no shorter than 3 minutes (longer/shorter animations will lose marks received for this project).

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2011, 08:05 AM

The policy regarding help with schoolwork on the forums is that you must do the work yourself, with us simply answering specific questions along the way. We cannot do your homework for you.

If you'd like, you can post a world file with your best effort at completing the project and we can help you improve that.

We are Watching!
Old
MrMoke

Default We are Watching! - 04-20-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
The policy regarding help with schoolwork on the forums is that you must do the work yourself, with us simply answering specific questions along the way. We cannot do your homework for you.

If you'd like, you can post a world file with your best effort at completing the project and we can help you improve that.
Do you think that these posters realize that instructors read these forums too?

Old
arty-fishL

Default 04-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoke View Post
busted

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Old
reuben2011

Default 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoke View Post
And that the people who help people in the Alice Forum's have better things to do other than do other people's homework?

Projects
-Escape the Kitchen
-That ninja animation
-Hill Collision

Upcoming Projects
-Some penguin adventure game?

Completed work
Old
Astar

Default Completed work - 04-23-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post

Hi, I have completed my work and when I play it, it says, 'Alice has detected a problem with your world: subject must not be null'

And I'm still having trouble trying to add a while loop and at least three uses of IF statement.

I'll send an attachment of my world and hopefully I can get your help or feedbacks. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Dance.a2w (3.36 MB, 17 views)

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Your subject is null because the subpart you are trying to call does not exist on the male ballet dancers, only on the female ones. The same part exists, but it is not named in the same way, so Alice does not know what you mean and calls the subject null.

I always find it hard to use if/else statements in movies as opposed to games, because movies have a set direction that does not require questioning. However, you could have a random dancer do a twirl or something by making a variable that sets to a random number and then if that number equals 1, then it is the first dancer and so on.

For the while statement... I don't have any good ideas right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Old
Astar

Talking 04-26-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauTrumpsPi View Post
Your subject is null because the subpart you are trying to call does not exist on the male ballet dancers, only on the female ones. The same part exists, but it is not named in the same way, so Alice does not know what you mean and calls the subject null.

I always find it hard to use if/else statements in movies as opposed to games, because movies have a set direction that does not require questioning. However, you could have a random dancer do a twirl or something by making a variable that sets to a random number and then if that number equals 1, then it is the first dancer and so on.

For the while statement... I don't have any good ideas right now.
cool, thank u so much. really helped a lot!

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astar View Post
cool, thank u so much. really helped a lot!
No problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Pos fps
Old
Te1psum

Default Pos fps - 04-27-2011, 08:27 PM

I'll cut to the chase.
I am not doing Homework, I just need help with my personal project, a P.O.S. shooter. There is no Collision Detection, my Recoil doesn't always work, and my Muzzle Flash gets all Derpy. Any feedback, criticism, editing, whatever is much appreciated. Not all Editing will be used in the final. I am trying to make a game where the Prisoners have taken over Folsom, and are continuing to wage war on the PD and Military opposition. All there is right now is an incomplete tutorial and an empty cafeteria. PLEASE HELP WITH MY GAME. Those who contribute will have B.A. NPCs named for them, and a major role in the uprising. Possibly their own crew within the Prisoner's factions.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w blew.a2w (11.55 MB, 8 views)

If you want something done, do it yourself.
If you want someone killed, call this guy.
Fruar tua viscera trahens lustrans iugulum.