Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
Dameria

Default 05-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Getting off topic now about the counterstrike map...

So, does anyone else think they will use this map at all? I think it is the best map seen on the Alice forums so far, and I am planning on making a FPS on it once I have enough time.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
jediaction

Default 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM

I dont wanna get frustrated with the collisions so im keeping it for show

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I dont wanna get frustrated with the collisions so im keeping it for show
LOL. It would take forever and would require hours of testing. Can not wait until we start making maps with multiple floors.

Old
Dameria

Default 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM

I am actually going to test a new collision theory here to see if it works. If it does, I think it might be the best type of collision on Alice so far because there would be virtually no lag issue. It is the same as what I have done with the maze, just a little different so that it will not lag, and there would be smoother collision so it does not have that choppy push-back effect.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
shaydon

Default 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM

in was trying to make a counterstrike game but it crashed and i haven't touched it since maybe you and i could make one (if you want to of course!!)
cause i have all the models and i am a good animator and you could do all the complicated stuff (the stuff i suck at) and it could be a really good game!!

are you interested?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 05-04-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
I've been saying "methods" so many times now I think it might be borderline spam, lol . Its just very messy to have everything in the events. I am a very organized person and I get very annoyed when I see disorganized code that aren't put into methods.

Does anybody else agree with me or am I the only one?
I typically use methods to tighten the code whenever I can, but sometimes I just feel like letting the creativity flow without letting logic get in the way, so my code ends up wonderful and functional, but disgustingly messy.

Quote:
I dont know, i have i guess i could say a serten "erge" to keep stuff clean...
I wish you'd get a "certain urge" to spell check your posts. I know that your keyboard causes you some typing problems, but it doesn't take too long to take a second and re-read your post before you submit it. If you're going to program like a professional, you should type like one.

Quote:
Getting off topic now about the counterstrike map...

So, does anyone else think they will use this map at all? I think it is the best map seen on the Alice forums so far, and I am planning on making a FPS on it once I have enough time.
I might use it for a side project or two I have going...maybe.

Quote:
I am actually going to test a new collision theory here to see if it works. If it does, I think it might be the best type of collision on Alice so far because there would be virtually no lag issue. It is the same as what I have done with the maze, just a little different so that it will not lag, and there would be smoother collision so it does not have that choppy push-back effect.
I think I know what your talking about...heheh.

And finally, jediaction (and anyone else who didn't know this yet), in order to respond to multiple posts without posting multiple times, use the multi-quote feature. This lets you mark posts you'd like to respond to when you click the Post Reply button so that the quotes for all marked posts will appear in the reply window. The button is the little one on the bottom-right of each post that looks like two pieces of paper. Click it, and it'll turn red to show that you've marked a post.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 05-05-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I wish you'd get a "certain urge" to spell check your posts. I know that your keyboard causes you some typing problems, but it doesn't take too long to take a second and re-read your post before you submit it. If you're going to program like a professional, you should type like one.
well i do, but not always, i am doing it more, if you noticed, its going slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaydon View Post
in was trying to make a counterstrike game but it crashed and i haven't touched it since maybe you and i could make one (if you want to of course!!)
cause i have all the models and i am a good animator and you could do all the complicated stuff (the stuff i suck at) and it could be a really good game!!

are you interested?
Im a good animator, anyway, im in A-Tom studios and so are you, I can help btu when we need you for A-Tom studios, then you need to work

Last edited by x2495iiii; 05-05-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Double-posts, use multi-quote

Old
shaydon

Default 05-05-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
well i do, but not always, i am doing it more, if you noticed, its going slowly

Im a good animator, anyway, im in A-Tom studios and so are you, I can help btu when we need you for A-Tom studios, then you need to work
ok then just ask me what you want or anything you need help with (models)

Old
jediaction

Default 05-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Yes shaydon, we will need you for our next project

Old
shaydon

Default 05-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
So shaydon do you still want me to help you with collision detection on this world even though you can't use it in A-Tom Studios? Too bad, this would have been a great map for one of your games. Maybe I will make a FPS game from this map with fully working collision detection and possibly multiplayer if I decide to learn more about Python scripting and look into it.

EDIT: Yay, 444 posts!
um do you think you could add your mouse movment into this??
Attached Files
File Type: a2w this one.a2w (1.97 MB, 11 views)