Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Realistic arm movements.
Old
room14

Lightbulb Realistic arm movements. - 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM

I have an idea that just might work instead of having to make the arm movements by hand, I might be able to automate the movements using complicated math involving trig and other math.

this means you can move the gun in more complected ways than ever, without the complicated codes and try and error. also you can re-arrange the gun without recoding.

this also adds the ability to draw out weapons rather than spontaneously spawning them. -Realistic 3rd person view.

:D

Last edited by room14; 01-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Old
arty-fishL

Default 01-07-2012, 06:04 PM

Well, if you can get it to work, that would be great . I'm slightly sceptical though; in my Air Ace game I used fairly advanced maths that I thought would be really easy to implement, but I confused myself completely, I eventually ended up doing it somehow anyway.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
room14

Default 01-07-2012, 06:09 PM

this will be alot easier if the forearm and the biceps were the same length.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM

There's an entire field of science on this called "Inverse Kinematics" used to program robots. Perhaps you should research that. It could help.

Old
room14

Default 01-07-2012, 08:35 PM

I know how to do it. but the math would be a lot easier.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-08-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Well, if you can get it to work, that would be great . I'm slightly sceptical though; in my Air Ace game I used fairly advanced maths that I thought would be really easy to implement, but I confused myself completely, I eventually ended up doing it somehow anyway.
I know exactly what you mean. I basically use one part math smarts and two parts trial and error when I make up new formulas in my games. I usually know the general idea of what the numbers' relations to each other should be, but not what the values should be, meaning lots of T&E.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by room14 View Post
I have an idea that just might work instead of having to make the arm movements by hand, I might be able to automate the movements using complicated math involving trig and other math.

this means you can move the gun in more complected ways than ever, without the complicated codes and try and error. also you can re-arrange the gun without recoding.

this also adds the ability to draw out weapons rather than spontaneously spawning them. -Realistic 3rd person view.
Ah, very good. I've tried many times doing animations and It's what I specialize in. I find it the most fun to. I usually work on my gun reloading animations. I have been working on a new animation. Not in Alice, but in reality. I've been figuring out what looks like the coolest animation and I figured it out. Changing weapons animations won't be that difficult. Once you get the math right, it's fun from there. I think I have projects with animation tests around the community if you need som help. Now, you say spawning? I'm not quite sure what you mean by "spawning."X helps a bit though above.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
room14

Default 01-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Ah, very good. I've tried many times doing animations and It's what I specialize in. I find it the most fun to. I usually work on my gun reloading animations. I have been working on a new animation. Not in Alice, but in reality. I've been figuring out what looks like the coolest animation and I figured it out. Changing weapons animations won't be that difficult. Once you get the math right, it's fun from there. I think I have projects with animation tests around the community if you need som help. Now, you say spawning? I'm not quite sure what you mean by "spawning."X helps a bit though above.
instead of instantaneously getting an item from thin air.

Old
room14

Default 01-08-2012, 05:15 PM

I drew this diagram to explain the math.

just from alice you can find the values ab, bc, ca.
but that is not enough to find the angles.
what we need is line bd, ad or dc.
using heron's equation, we can find the area.
T= sqrt s(s-l.ab)(s-l.ba)(s-l.ca) s meaning semiperim.

and using the area, we can find the value l.bd
then we can find the angles using trig.

simple.
Attached Images
File Type: png diagram.png (6.1 KB, 52 views)

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Exclamation 01-08-2012, 05:24 PM

I wish i were in high school or college cauz, THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ima middle schooler, not a supercomputer! In need to know how to get realistic arm movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.