Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Getting Loopy
Old
Athy57

Thumbs up Getting Loopy - 12-28-2010, 05:19 PM

From Eastfield - Just completed an Assignment where we had to loop a function if asked a question Yes or No to loop function. If you answered "yes" it would loop and do nothing if "no". Took alittle time but I got it to do what asked. I put yes as a boolean variable (a) and no as a boolean variable (b) with a blank method. Under the yes I placed the loop and unber (b) it was blank. Then put it as a If/else, and it worked. I may have over thunk it but that's the way I think....

Great!
Old
timsally

Default Great! - 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM

I can clearly understand what you're expressing, which shows that we're both learning how to program!

Takes times, but starts making sense after you do it repeatedly.

The if/then is the simplest TRUE/FALSE boolean, but I enjoyed creating "IF, ELSE IF" statements, where the FALSE response elicits another boolean operation. That definitely allows for more advanced programming possibilities.

Tim S.

Getting Loopy
Old
ebarrera

Default Getting Loopy - 06-21-2011, 12:17 AM

I am very excited with all the things that I have learned up to now in this class. I think this confirms the fact that I am going in the right direction. I won’t deny that the If/Else function got me dizzy, but after a good nights rest I finished my assignment for Lab 2. I feel like the book skipped some details that explain areas that are necessary to understand some processes. But again, I think that those gaps of information drove me to keep practicing and trying again and again until I found my way out. We can translate all this effort to better leaning. I wish I had a little more knowledge of the material to help more people in the community forum. I always try my best.

Old
David B

Default 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athy57 View Post
From Eastfield - Just completed an Assignment where we had to loop a function if asked a question Yes or No to loop function. If you answered "yes" it would loop and do nothing if "no". Took alittle time but I got it to do what asked. I put yes as a boolean variable (a) and no as a boolean variable (b) with a blank method. Under the yes I placed the loop and unber (b) it was blank. Then put it as a If/else, and it worked. I may have over thunk it but that's the way I think....
You did over think that pogram. You could have made the same program with a little easier code, and it still would have worked. I am not going to tell you the other way that you could have written it for the sake of learning. I want you to learn on your own, unless you need help.

It is very nice to hear that someone else is beginning to join the group of people who love using Alice.

Old
YoungCrazE

Default 07-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Loops are some of the most difficult codes to work with, that and "If" functions, but always remember that in order to make it work there must be an end somewhere. But good job, keep it up.